I've made contact with the mothership and they have given me permission to terminate my account. A few last Internet thoughts before I stick to reality.
1) USA wrestling site needs an OVERHAUL. Let's present the sport online like a first rate sport.
2) No dual meet championship! Less duals per college season. Focus on sell-out duals for every program. The individual tournament allows even the smallest of schools to get excited about a wrestler or two with a hot hand (App State, Ivys, and more)
3) Get wrestling in gym class! Not every kid is going to participate in competitive wrestling but all should experience it to respect it. Boys and girls.(watch the Wonder Years or ask someone over 55)
4)Rotate the NCAA championships to New England, the mid-atlantic, south, west, midwest, etc. We need to get wrestling out of the basement.
5) Matside weigh-ins k-12.
6) Get involved with a youth program.Ref. DO something. Make it fun.
7) Promote the Taylors, Dakes, and Ruths of the sport. A smiling well spoken fit champion wrestler at a top school is sure to excite the moms of the world and enroll their children in wrestling. How could you not like these guys?
8) Find ex-wrestlers who aren't aware of FLO and other online resources and get them involved. Too many walk away forever.
9) It's just a sport! Let's remember that.
It's been a fun time but my time needs to be elsewhere these days. See you all around!