Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingsland

Recruiting Season

Guest Kingsland

Since coaches can start officially giving out scholly offers to upcoming seniors tomorrow, I'm wondering which studs do you think are going to be committing first? I'm saying Penn Stafe is going to throw a chunk of money out to score a lightweight and will get either Red or Suriano by the end of the week. Anyone else have any predictions?

Penn State is probably going to throw a lot of money at Suriano as they really like and want him, but he isn't announcing until the end of July according to the latest article.

I could see Penn State also landing either Chad Red or Luke Pletcher in addition to Suriano.

So Mark's twitter feed says that he wants Flo to live announce his college decision this fall. Call me old fashioned, but I must admit that I find that sort of thing absolutely ridiculous and beyond sensational for this sport.

Guest Kingsland

So Mark's twitter feed says that he wants Flo to live announce his college decision this fall. Call me old fashioned, but I must admit that I find that sort of thing absolutely ridiculous and beyond sensational for this sport.

The Valencias did a similar announcement last year, granted it was only on a Flo podcast. Major football and basketball recruits do this kind of thing all the time. I like it, it builds hype and draws attention to the sport.

I don't see how it draws attention to the sport when its being covered by a wrestling website. If FOX NEWS was covering it, then yes I could see that but until then It seems to me that it only draws attention to the athlete himself. Next 4 time undefeated champ or not, I think its a little much for a teenager to call a press conference. Nothing against Hall, he's very talented.

The Valencias did a similar announcement last year, granted it was only on a Flo podcast. Major football and basketball recruits do this kind of thing all the time. I like it, it builds hype and draws attention to the sport.

And Johnny Sebastian the year before, streamed.