Sign in to follow this  
russelscout

Successful teams and their message boards

After hearing the last FRL it got me thinking about the response from hawkeye report and how that would compare with other programs. How many team message boards are really out there? I frequent several. I also lurk at BWI (Penn st.), 34 and counting (okiest st.), the guillotine(minny), and cyclone report.

But what about the other successful schools? I know ohiowrestling.net has a pretty good forum that ppl talk about the buckeyes on but I never go there and I don't even know if that's the best message board for tOSU. What about Michigan? Do their fans talk wrestling? How about nebraska? I have looked all over for a place to talk with some husker wrestling fans. Are there just not enough fans out there? Mizzou? Illinois? Cornell?

wrestlingreport hosts forums for various conferences and these teams: Penn St, Lehigh, and Cornell. The Lehigh forum seems to be the most active, even in off-season. Cornell board reasonably active as well.  

How about nebraska? I have looked all over for a place to talk with some husker wrestling fans. Are there just not enough fans out there?

The Husker's do not have an active board.  Last year I started an "Everything Huskers thread" on the Guillotine and maintained it throughout the year.  If  possible I'll do the same this year.

I think ohiowrestling.net is a great resource. It's the only other forum I check semi regularly other than this one. Most of the discussion is high quality and you can tell some of the posters are very experienced wrestlers and coaches.

I highly recommend it: http://ohiowrestling.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=1

Virginia Tech's Olympic Sports Board on TechSideline is pretty active, too. I don't read the boards as much as I did when I was at IM and USAW, but I probably peruse 25+ boards on wrestling every 2-3 days. 

...for curating reasons and such

27b2d2d06e525a50_2959500996_ea091fe88c_o

You the man jammen! Ya know, with as consistent as nebraska has been the last several years, participation in the state, the success of burroughs, the entrance into the big 10, and being right next door to iowa, I can't believe how little fan interest there is in husker wrestling. There may be some interest in a couple individuals but it seems like very few follow the team seriously.

ohiowrestling.net has a peculiar set up.  You can register but your account has to be activated by the administrator.  The catch 22 is that there's no way to know you registered unless you let the administrator know.   If you want to participate on this forum, send me a message on this site and I'll make sure you get activated.   All perspectives/opinions are welcome.

ohiowrestling.net has a peculiar set up.  You can register but your account has to be activated by the administrator.  The catch 22 is that there's no way to know you registered unless you let the administrator know.   If you want to participate on this forum, send me a message on this site and I'll make sure you get activated.   All perspectives/opinions are welcome.

So Yappi is not the place to go for all things Ohio wrestling?

The Husker's do not have an active board. Last year I started an "Everything Huskers thread" on the Guillotine and maintained it throughout the year. If possible I'll do the same this year.

Nice! Thanks Jammen. I've been looking for an active husker forum.

So Yappi is not the place to go for all things Ohio wrestling?

Yappi provides much information for all levels of Ohio wrestling across the state. It's anonymous and has a greater range of conversation; any raging debates that crop up can be good and bad. For the most part, a very good, and active, source.

Ohiowrestling.net has no anonymity. I guess you could say it puts the conversations at a higher level of decorum to go along with a greater focus on Ohio State itself. Includes very credible (credentialed) members offering observations.