Sign in to follow this  
MA_Wrestler

Pan Am's on ESPN3

That Cuban at 65 looks legit. Garcia looks a little winded througout the match and the match is going on for a while. With a short rest time between this and his semi with the Cuban, we may see an upset...

Spot on ... You've got stayin' power Nostradamus.

Metcalf definitely got out-slicked.  Gomez definitely got out-horsed.  Throw in a semi-confused ref and it was a very interesting match to watch.  Keeping track of the scoring was a tad difficult as the announcers were basically clueless.....

1st period: 2-2

As far as I could tell the scoring went as follows.  Gomez scored first about 1/2 way through the first with a nice angled double.  Metcalf almost hipped him over for two but had to give up the 2 after Gomez adjusted. It also looked like the mat ref tried to award a point to Gomez for what Metcalf was doing on bottom after the takedown.  Since the score didn't change I don't believe a 2nd ref verified.  Metcalf tied it up with a high crotch attempt that ended up more like a snatch single that he transitioned into a double.

2nd period:8-6   Metcalf wins 10-8

Gomez hit a nice low shot and immediately transitioned into a leg lace for 4 total points to take a 6-2 lead.  After a bunch of hand fighting Gomez gets warned twice for his hands to the face and Metcalf is awarded a point to make it 6-3.  Gomez shortly thereafter gets in deep on a single and a scramble ensued with Gomez inevitably getting 2 before Metcalf scores 1 on a reversal to make it 8-4.  Metcalf gets a deep gut in but Gomez graps his kneepad to keep from going over.  U.S.A. challenges and the referee awards Metcalf a restart in the top position.  Metcalf then hits two guts to score 4 points and tie the match at 8-8 with less than 30 secs remaining.  Having scored last Metcalf is winning and Gomez tries to attack and ends up getting taken down again to lose 10-8!

Maren looks strong as an ox, and I'm sure he's somewhat ready/expecting Metcalf's Hi-C. Would love to see Brent throw a change-up, and hit a fireman's for 4 to the other side. (Yeah, I know, now I'm really pushing it. Just wishful thinking.)

Anyway, for real, looks like Maren likes to hit that straight-on low pick or whatever it is he scored on Garcia. He hit a real good one in his previous match and got nice exposure points with it.

Have no idea how this one's gonna go, but really hope Brent throws the kitchen sink at him for 6 minutes. 

try this link and scroll down until you get to the Pan Am Games section and hit the wrestling link.

Finally got the online streaming.  Have not stream anything since the Olympics and it was a pain in the butt getting my satellite ID and password entered so I could stream.

Stream quality is good, but the announcing is horrible!

Edited by Jim L

Yeah, couldn't they at least throw Jason Bryant in there for the solo job.

(IMO, Jason did an excellent solo webcast of the World's a few years ago. He knew the background of many wrestlers, regardless of country, and he was very funny at times too.)

Nothing against the ESPN guy, just saying.

Edited by 2td3nf

Or even better, should have had Jason Bryant (or CP, Gibbons, Richie Immel, Bader, or someone) webcasting Mat 1 throughout the tournament.

Very disappointing only one mat was webcasted for this World class wrestling tournament.