Sign in to follow this  
hammerlockthree

Stepan Sargsyan Link, we gotta find Taylor somehow.....

Want to thank everyone that found the time slots for DT's matches. Really helped. Just zeroed in and watched the matches.

And yes, DT was vintage Magicman at the Sargsyan tournament. Congrats on a nice overseas trip Magicman!

As far as Dake going Greco, still wondering how Dake does against Bisek. Andy looks like he's one of the very best in the world right now.

Want to thank everyone that found the time slots for DT's matches. Really helped. Just zeroed in and watched the matches.

And yes, DT was vintage Magicman at the Sargsyan tournament. Congrats on a nice overseas trip Magicman!

As far as Dake going Greco, still wondering how Dake does against Bisek. Andy looks like he's one of the very best in the world right now.

No need for Dake to try Greco. Bisek is one of the best in the world but Burroughs just keeps scraping by somehow.

Taylor looked really good... that Russian was tricky and you could tell he came close to getting a few throws.

But it looked like they didn't score a bunch of exposure points for Taylor?  Like when he went from 6 to 8 points he had the other guy on his back flip flopping around going for the pin and then they let them up but only give DT two points for a takedown?

Edited by HuskyHero133

But it looked like they didn't score a bunch of exposure points for Taylor?  Like when he went from 6 to 8 points he had the other guy on his back flip flopping around going for the pin and then they let them up but only give DT two points for a takedown?

That exchange was scored properly.  I didn't have any problem with the scoring.

Khubezhty probably should have gotten a point for the pushout at the beginning of the match, though.

Khubezhty is a veteran, and Taylor looked good against him, especially in the scrambles.

if i remember correctly, Taylor gotten eaten alive by Tsargush and Tsabalov during scrambles. he also looked sluggish. If he can improve on that area of his freestyle game, which i think he can given his folkstyle game and his physical tools, he might be back in the mix on the international level. 

most importantly i hope he keeps competing, he's a fun guy to watch. 

total subject change but anyone know when Dake's next international tourney is? Next week Poland has the last senior tournament before Worlds. 

Dake mentioned in his Flo feature that he was focused on healing first and then would dedicate himself to making the Olympic team. That means he either was not fully healed for WTT or aggravated or incurred an injury. Either way, it sounded to me like he was in no rush to compete before he felt fully physically ready. That also explains his absence at the World team camps. This is the first time he has ever missed those, to my knowledge.

Anybody else notice that Taylor was wearing Molinaro's singlet for his gold medal match?

Also: I've seen lots of wrestlers who have gumby knees, but apparently Taylor has been working on his gumby neck. While effective in this match, for his sake I hope he comes up with a better way to counter chest wraps.