Sign in to follow this  
Buckxell

Kyle Snyder - offense

When did he start hitting all those picks?! I thought he was pretty one dimensional w the hi-c to double but this spring after ncaa's and at pan am's he's been hitting a wider variety of offense w ankle picks from each side. I think having tervel around him has helped him out a ton... He's getting to be really exciting to watch!

When did he start hitting all those picks?! I thought he was pretty one dimensional w the hi-c to double but this spring after ncaa's and at pan am's he's been hitting a wider variety of offense w ankle picks from each side. I think having tervel around him has helped him out a ton... He's getting to be really exciting to watch!

At 19, Snyder can still potentially improve a ton. To put into perspective how young he still he is, when Metcalf and Taylor were his age, they hadn't yet competed for their college teams. 

Also, freestyle rules may play a part in how offensive Snyder is. In freestyle takedown attempts are a better investment of your energy because your opponent can't run away and crawl out of bounds. 

Also, freestyle rules may play a part in how offensive Snyder is. In freestyle takedown attempts are a better investment of your energy because your opponent can't run away and crawl out of bounds. 

Absolutely.  Watching today makes it so clear that a step-out rule is needed in folk!

This weight suits him so much better than 197. He looks thick and has lots of go. I also liked Katies comment about opponents not being able to avoid takedowns by using the boundaries. He seems made for freestyle other than not showing much top offense yet. Last piece of the puzzle, I guess.

Snyder is amazing. Varner was killing him last year at the OTC! Gadsen will not come close, sorry. He did not get lucky but Snyder has separated himself. Varner is the only guy who will wrestle him close in the US and will have an outside chance of beating him in 2016. Gadsen will place around 5th probably. Reason is he hardly any freestyle experience.

All this because he pounded a Canadian that wouldn't make the round of 12 at the NCAAs?  I'd say Gadson and Varner run the table at this tourney too.

He had a great tourney, but its still the Pan Ams.

I really shouldn't have said lucky. To rephrase, "I'll be shocked if Gadson ever comes close to beating him again". 

I want to agree with you but Gadson has great physical tools.  Can he perform well at the next level?  We'll find out.  It'll be a lot tougher than college.

How do you know Varner was killing Snyder last year at the OTC? That's not what I heard. I heard Snyder was hanging with everyone and getting the better of some bona fide studs like Kilgore towards the end of his stint there.

I heard otherwise. And also right from Snyder's mouth after he won trials. Basically he has improved a lot in a year. And he 12-0 at the senior level! 

Kilgore is my source. He also stated exactly that in a Flo interview, admitting that he was no better than even with Snyder while Snyder was sill technically in HS but training at the OTC. I call complete BS on Varner "killing" Snyder a year ago. I can easily see him getting the better of their exchanges last year but killing? No.

That said, Snyder is obviously on the steep end of his learning curve which is incredible given his level right now.

The Pan Ams haven't changed my view of him one way or the other though. It wasn't a deep tourney at his weight.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

All this because he pounded a Canadian that wouldn't make the round of 12 at the NCAAs?  I'd say Gadson and Varner run the table at this tourney too.

He had a great tourney, but its still the Pan Ams.

Gadson and Varner would have run the tables at Pan Ams, but Varner would of won his matches 2-0 or 2-1 not teched everyone

Even with Kilgore. Sorry but Varner beat Kigore pretty good 5-2, 7-1 and 12-0. Anyway maybe killing was the wrong word. Snyder has improved immensely and I think he is a Bronze medal winner but am thinking if he keeps improving why not a Gold. Gaz is #1 in the world and is getting old. Will be tough for him to crack Gads, Gaz or Yaz but we will see.  

Even with Kilgore. Sorry but Varner beat Kigore pretty good 5-2, 7-1 and 12-0. Anyway maybe killing was the wrong word.

You forgot one critical point. Kilgore said this when Snyder was in HS. NOT last year.

Killing was the wrong word.

Nobody is arguing Snyder has not improved. Of course he has. But let's not exaggerate.

Someone needs to stop Snyder.  What happened to McIntosh who shot in on his legs at will at Big 10s?

You know, I had you blocked and life was good. Then you came back with a new name. One more to add to the list...