Sign in to follow this  
Jaroslav Hasek

2015 Russian Nationals Results on Wikipedia

First time I've seen this. Not the whole brackets but top 5 finishers, plus each wrestler's home region. 

hope the wiki editor Ricco Baroni (or Abdullah Khuzin as his profile says) puts up more years. its very cool stuff.  

Anyone want to start entering the US Open and WTT info?

Actually, I don't find them very deep at all.  He had one of his bad days. 

Did Tsabolov compete? Having him (2014 world champ), Tsargush (3x world champ) and Geduev (3x Euro champ) seems fairly deep to me.

Look how large of a role culture plays. Not many ethnic Russians in that group.

Are there any ethnic Russian medal winners?

Different mix of flags for Greco.  It seems like sometimes the flags are where they are from, sometimes it's where they train.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Russian_National_Greco-Roman_Wrestling_Championships

Look how large of a role culture plays. Not many ethnic Russians in that group.

There are no ethnic Russians among the medal winners. Israil Kasumov is from Krasnoyarsk (where B Saitiev lives now) but his name is clearly not Russian.

I've said a few times on this forum, Freestyle Wrestling is not popular in Russia and is only practiced by ethnic minorities in general. People from the Caucasus region or Asian/Siberian regions of Russia dominate Freestyle wrestling.

This wasn't always the case, during the Soviet days you had ethnic Russian wrestlers like Belaglazov, etc.

Greco is much more diverse and draws participants from all over Russia. Greco is more diverse internationally as well.

Edited by manyak

First time I've seen this. Not the whole brackets but top 5 finishers, plus each wrestler's home region. 

hope the wiki editor Ricco Baroni (or Abdullah Khuzin as his profile says) puts up more years. its very cool stuff.  

Anyone want to start entering the US Open and WTT info?

So many top 5ers from the Caucasus region.  Dang...

There are no ethnic Russians among the medal winners. Israil Kasumov is from Krasnoyarsk (where B Saitiev lives now) but his name is clearly not Russian.

I've said a few times on this forum, Freestyle Wrestling is not popular in Russia and is only practiced by ethnic minorities in general. People from the Caucasus region or Asian/Siberian regions of Russia dominate Freestyle wrestling.

This wasn't always the case, during the Soviet days you had ethnic Russian wrestlers like Belaglazov, etc.

Greco is much more diverse and draws participants from all over Russia. Greco is more diverse internationally as well.

true, my brother! I am the creator of all these articles and I live in Russia, in Russia the struggle is not popular, it is popular in the ethnic republics of Russia!

true, my brother! I am the creator of all these articles and I live in Russia, in Russia the struggle is not popular, it is popular in the ethnic republics of Russia!

Thank you for creating these articles on wikipedia and educating people about Russian wrestling