Sign in to follow this  
Jaroslav Hasek

2015 Russian Nationals Results on Wikipedia

They are from Kaliningrad, the odd outpost of Russia by Poland and Lithuania that is the only year round warm water port that Russia has.

That's interesting because when Sergei coached at Lehigh he said he was from Kiev. He did train at Dynamo in Kiev but that was after training/living in Kaliningrad as I now see.

But it still speaks to the original point of is he Russian? It became part of the Soviet Union in the 40s after being part of Prussia/Baltics.

true, my brother! I am the creator of all these articles and I live in Russia, in Russia the struggle is not popular, it is popular in the ethnic republics of Russia!

Thank you for sharing this information.  Please keep up the great work!

That's interesting because when Sergei coached at Lehigh he said he was from Kiev. He did train at Dynamo in Kiev but that was after training/living in Kaliningrad as I now see.

But it still speaks to the original point of is he Russian? It became part of the Soviet Union in the 40s after being part of Prussia/Baltics.

I think he is a Slav for sure

Not sure what is going on.  I'll take it with a grain of salt like most rumours.  I had heard a weak rumour the other day about Asgarov not wrestling, then he was seen the next day doing cardio and cals in the outdoors.  LOL

Did you see that Geduev vs A. Saitiev match in 2012? They had a huge Tsargush vs Saitiev poster on the gym wall. When Saitiev began to fade the refs flat out ignored multiple obvious points from Geduev. There was a huge fight with fans and coaches getting involved, but the organizers got their "dream" final. Probably the world screw job I've ever seen.

Then a couple of years ago he was the dominant guy at 74 all year (except JB) but missed nationals with injury. He beat Russian champ Khubtezy both before the nationals and afterwards (in training) but didn't get a chance at the spot.

I'll feel awful for the guy if gets his spot taken again.

Geduev isn't a spring chicken either. Apparently he almost defected to Turkey. He is Circassian and there is a big Circassian population in Turkey. It caused a big rift with his coaches. I can understand why he might want to represent another country, though.

I heard Asgarov has a serious neck injury and they might send Muslimov instead.

Geduev isn't a spring chicken either. Apparently he almost defected to Turkey. He is Circassian and there is a big Circassian population in Turkey. It caused a big rift with his coaches. I can understand why he might want to represent another country, though.

I heard Asgarov has a serious neck injury and they might send Muslimov instead.

Magomed Muslimov not good at the WC 2014, i don't believe that Asgarov has injury ;)