Sign in to follow this  
Alwayswrestling

How big of a upset was it Hidlay over Maniville in Greco finals?

first, thanks for the fargo post, been wondering where those were.  easily my favorite event of the year.

i dont think that was that big of an upset but i did have manville winning.  i liked his little shove at the end.  i hope they meet in FS and i hope hidlay sticks him. 

how about kamal in the finals?  reenan's final was impressive too.  

I didn't see their names in the sporting book, but #1 took down #2 and then #2 threw a tantrum.   

Hidlay was ranked #1 at 152 and Manville was ranked #2 at 160. Manville is ranked #9 overall in the P4P rankings and Hidlay did not make the P4P rankings.  So it does seem as thought it was an upset but not much of one. 

Manville should drop out of the top 50 P4P. 6 points between his R o 16 and quarterfinal matches. Lost to Early by pin and it would have been 8-2 otherwise. Looking like a recruiting mistake by Cael when you consider lightweight needs, scholarship money, and the middleweight talent they already have

Edited by LemonPie

Looks like Hidlay and Manville are going to match up in Freestyle in the wrestle backs.

Flo seemed to give a lot of hype to Manville and it looks like other kids are catching up to and surpassing his level.

I wonder if Manville was just an early bloomer and now the competition has caught up to him. 

Looks like Hidlay and Manville are going to match up in Freestyle in the wrestle backs.

Flo seemed to give a lot of hype to Manville and it looks like other kids are catching up to and surpassing his level.

I wonder if Manville was just an early bloomer and now the competition has caught up to him. 

The kids probably needs a break. Name one big tournament he hasn't wrestled in during the past three years.

Hidlay was ranked #1 at 152 and Manville was ranked #2 at 160. Manville is ranked #9 overall in the P4P rankings and Hidlay did not make the P4P rankings.  So it does seem as thought it was an upset but not much of one. 

Pretty much this, not much of an upset at all.   If anything, it was a pretty close match up.   

Cletus is trying to make himself feel better about it I see.. Manville did look good against the nobodies, gotta give him that! Can you imagine the backlash here if a future Hawkeye pulled the crap Manville did? ...Relentless I'm sure! Am I wrong?