Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Marable-Green Best of Three Thread

1st Period: Marable gets in on a snatch early and takes it to a tripod position.  He struggles to get the takedown for about 10 seconds then starts working toward a gut. Appears to be close to getting it…when Green hits a beautiful step over for 2 points.  Green hit for passivity late in the period.  2-0 Green

2nd Period: Marable hit for passivity with 2 minutes remaining.  Marable in deep on a shot right as the whistle is blown to put Green on the shot clock.  (Not sure why they have to stop the match to put someone on the shot clock.)  1 point Marable.  47 seconds remaining.  Marable making multiple attempts. Green using underhooks and staying in position.  MATCH 2-1 Green. 

Justice prevails and Green has the confidence of knowing he is the true champion.

Edited by figure4

Green looked like he spent the last 6 weeks training in Russia. Collar tie, stood in the center for the first 5:30 then ran away for the last :30. I couldn't be happier that he won, but it's interesting how he looked more like Marable than James Green out there. 

Congrats to James Green. He was forced to win the world team spot twice.

Hopefully people won't hold this whole fiasco against Marable, anyone in the position he was in would have appealed the original decision. The blame should go to the arbitrator.

Without knowing all of the info, I'm going to hold this against Marable. It seems from my perspective that he abused the system, and found a loophole that went against the spirit of the rules. Of course I would do the same thing if I were in a position to win the world championship, but I'm a scumbag. 

Well, Flo blows it for us again.   I watched at my Pappy house and made a cook out of the event.   We had pork, grits, loins, and ribs, as well some carne asada for my Mexicans farm hands.   We all gathered around Pappy's flat screen and then just as the action intensified and high drama arose, there went the stream.   It was miserable, but I must admit, at least I wasn't surprised. 

Glad to know Green went on to win.   

Good to know only half the team was ranked higher.  

We don't know a lot about Green's freestyle ability yet. But his win over Marable was the most impressive WTT win this year.* I think that suggests he could become a really tough freestyler. 

*Snyder's win over Varner is impressive in a different way. It's not impressive based on Varner's current ability. It's based on Snyder's age. 

Edited by Katie

Guest ShannonSofield

Jordan commented after Dake/Taylor that the reason why he is able to keep calm and pull through after trailing was due to his workout partners who regularly put him in that exact situation. So, I think Green, and even Bryan Snyder give him some solid competition. Though, I am sure he beats them solidly when he goes 100%.