Sign in to follow this  
WildWildWest

Morning practice after a hard night of partying

Lets here your stories. Tips and Tricks?

Every great college athlete has mastered the art of getting through practice while smelling like a party.

Rub old spice all over your body to block the booze smell coming out of your pores.

Mastered? No. Sucked it up? Yes.

Pretty sure I heard Lewboo did little if any partying in season. Now Royce may be the guy you want to hit up on this. 

The OP was not specific to "in season."  And I've heard a couple stories straight from the horses mouth that suggest Lewboo is indeed an authority on this.

Stay away from the coaches as much as possible. No matter how much old spice you put on or how many mints you ingest they will smell it. It's also advisable to change clothes.

even if you had the foresight to put on your practice gear before your binge the night before?  with all the talk about the iowa room, this post had me envisioning a bunch of muddy boots and stonewashed denim rolling on the mats, probably looking like one of mudflap's company picnics.

Stay away from the coaches as much as possible. No matter how much old spice you put on or how many mints you ingest they will smell it. It's also advisable to change clothes.

Our college coach used to claim he had a "nose for it"...yeah, everyone in the room can smell me if they are in within 5 feet. Doesn't take Columbo to solve this case...

I used to lay off the partying during the wrestling season, especially if there was a morning practice the next day.

Once a got to the working world, found out very quickly that being hungover at work wasn't worth it, no matter how much fun the previous night was.

Lets here your stories. Tips and Tricks?

Every great college athlete has mastered the art of getting through practice while smelling like a party.

...I'm guessing I am not a very good athlete then. Then again, what do I know...

I used to lay off the partying during the wrestling season, especially if there was a morning practice the next day.

Once a got to the working world, found out very quickly that being hungover at work wasn't worth it, no matter how much fun the previous night was.

This thread isn't asking who the good guys are, it is asking how to dodge coach after a few too many :-p.

This thread isn't asking who the good guys are, it is asking how to dodge coach after a few too many :-p.

Mitchum deodorant "So Strong You Can Skip A Day". Scott Justus commented how nice I smelled the whole 45 minutes he beat me to a pulp at 7AM on New Year's Day 2001. That was the first, and last, time I drank before an early morning workout, not that it mattered anyway since I was awful.

Edited by HokieHWT