Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kingsland

Jered Cortez Transfer

Guest Kingsland

This is the second big transfer out of Illinois this year, I wonder if there is something going on. He was slotted to start at 125 as a RS freshman this coming year.

Guest Kingsland

I guess its feasible that he couldn't make the cut to 125 and didn't want to sit behind Richards at 133. Who else does Illinois have at 125?

justafan, sounds like you better start cutting to 125 and getting ready to wrestle for the Fighting Illini.

Lol if I wasn't 41 and 155lbs.Looks like they will have to FF 125 or use a unknown walk on they don't have another 125 on the roster plus didn't recruit one.They lost Oliveri to transfer and Kris Williams decommitted and went to Nebraska

He's 21 years old. Wrestled 126 as a 19 year old and was not known as a big cutter. Big difference between can't and unwilling. Maybe he can't, but I doubt it.

Cortez was 150 this summer plus got taller not sure 125 is possible anymore if his name was McDonough then maybe

I heard a rumor that if Cortez really leaves, that Perry is done at Illinois and will go back to Blair to coach.

The rumor is he's headed to Morning Side Heights in NYC to take over the reins of the up and coming Columbia Lions? Roar Lions, Roar!