jmachinder

FS Junior Worlds - Team Race

Gosh, I know it's old news, but I just can't help wondering where McKenna would've ended up had he made weight. As far as Micic is concerned he was close to teching the guy from India, but just got out gassed. Fortunately the Indian made it to the finals and gave Micic new life, which he made the most of. Not sure about Micic's gas though. He jumped out to a 6-0 lead and that's where it stayed. Pico looked good in the morning got behind against the guy from Azerbijan and just couldn't get Those points back. In his Bronze match he must have gotten a good pep talk by his corner because he finally woke up and worked the Turk for the Bronze. Congrats to both. Hopefully Butler can get a Bronze as well.

Wow, that questionable call really lit a fire under Pico.  He wrestled that second period like somebody kicked his dog.

I don't know how they scored that a 4 for his opponent. 

Which brings up something else.....as far as the pushout goes, I thought the guy that gets awarded the point has to be in control during the pushout.

The Russians are so out of shape.  I'll admit Micic certainly lost his opener to conditioning but the Russians take it to another level.  Their Hwt and 84kg looked like they might not make it off the mat.  Arsen Ali looked fine vs Valencia but the Iranian really took it to him and gassed him out bad.  The Iranians IMO are currently the best overall wrestlers in the world.

One last point.  Pico has a strange style for a 65 kger.  He barely ever touches his knees.  He went to his knees a couple times in his 3rd place match but before that I'm not sure he shot to his knees all tournament.  Seemed to get away from his snap a little too.  His style works great for him but it's definitely unique especially for a middle weight.

Gogaev was injured for most of the year maybe that's why he struggled.

I wonder if there was training issues with the Russian team. They aren't cardio machines but they are usually fit enough to win. Better as a team than the Iranians. One bad jr tournament does not undo years on top.

This was the second title in a row for Iran. Last year they won with 3 golds and from that team Yazdani and Karimi are in senior team. This time they were expecting 4 but got 2. Mozaffari and Taheri both lost to wrestlers weaker than themselves.

Goleij at 84 teched all his opponents including Russia and Azerbaijan.

What happened to Russia's 96 yesterday?  I thought he was the man to beat.  Same guy who beat Snyder right?  He didn't even medal?  Missed what happened to him.

Finnish wrestler who defeated Gogaev going to cary kolat`s  team Cambell Camels. He is this year Juniors European Championship bronze medalist and 5th place in World Championships.

This was the second title in a row for Iran. Last year they won with 3 golds and from that team Yazdani and Karimi are in senior team. This time they were expecting 4 but got 2. Mozaffari and Taheri both lost to wrestlers weaker than themselves.

Goleij at 84 teched all his opponents including Russia and Azerbaijan.

Were Yazdani and Karimi still able to wrestle juniors?

Were Yazdani and Karimi still able to wrestle juniors?

I think you had to be born in 1995 or later to be able to wrestle juniors this year (I could be mistaken).  If so, neither Yazdani nor Karimi were eligible according to their dob on UWW website.