jmachinder

FS Junior Worlds - Team Race

Ok, I'm a Nagy fan now. Absolutely loved the upper body stuff at the end to comeback and win bronze.  At least twice he willed his way to upper body moves to secure takedowns. Looked a little Greco-ish into a freestyle finish.

2x age class world champion? Id say some hype is justified as long as he grows big enough.

Canada won a bronze at 96, pretty cool. I think that's a medal the past 3 years now.

Only concern here is if he's able to get big enough.   TJ Hill comes to mind as well as numerous others.   

His size is not an issue, especially since he is only a junior in HS. Plus didn't he just handle NCAA runner up Moisey a bit ago at some training camp or something? The same Moisey who decked Gilman real quick. I also remember months ago when he was training with Nico and he gave Megaludis a nice shiner. I would have payed money to watch them live wrestle. Lee will be a bonus machine in college. Right now I could only see Nico and Nato beating him at 125 in a college match. 

His size is not an issue, especially since he is only a junior in HS. Plus didn't he just handle NCAA runner up Moisey a bit ago at some training camp or something? The same Moisey who decked Gilman real quick. I also remember months ago when he was training with Nico and he gave Megaludis a nice shiner. I would have payed money to watch them live wrestle. Lee will be a bonus machine in college. Right now I could only see Nico and Nato beating him at 125 in a college match.

I'd take Fix in a college match.

Since he walks around at 118 I dont see him beating any AA he would never get away and wouldve a tough time staying off his back just my opinion we will never know.I have seen many top 3 ranked high school kids in the country struggle in the room against average college guys.

is this post meant to be a mesh of rumors circulated through pure fan mentality?  

I'd take Fix in a college match.

I am sure you are trolling me. Regardless I think it would be a good match with him and Fix with college rules. But I would easily take Lee. Lee had like a 5-1 takedown edge on Daton in their two most Freestyle matches. Lee is an absolute monster on top with his bar and tilts. Fix does seem to have a real good motor and he definitely has the size advantage, but I would still like Lee to win a college match.

is this post meant to be a mesh of rumors circulated through pure fan mentality?  

Nope. Willie and Christian mentioned it on a FLO podcast say about a month ago. Numerous credible people were there and said Lee handled Moisey. Just stating what I heard listening to those guys. Try and listen to their podcasts, I find them entertaining and it is nice to get some wrestling info.

Nope. Willie and Christian mentioned it on a FLO podcast say about a month ago. Numerous credible people were there and said Lee handled Moisey. Just stating what I heard listening to those guys. Try and listen to their podcasts, I find them entertaining and it is nice to get some wrestling info.

If there's any truth to that at all, how tough is fix then?  And how tough is the guy who beat out Fix for the world team?  I'd put Lee 3rd on that pecking order and if he's beating up college AAs, what is Fix and his conqueror going to do at the next level, never mind, Lee? 

I would literally give Lee all 9.9 scholarships to come to Iowa. I feel like the coaches would back me on this.

Interesting, I was saying to my brother yesterday that I would not be shocked at all to see him go it Iowa.  He almost sounded like TRam after the semis.  He wrestles an Iowa style and he is spending a bunch of time with Duroe.  I bet Iowa does the full court press for him  Gable will be living at Lee's house when he returns stateside. 

Gable?? You realize this isn't the 80s or 90s anymore? Lee is high octane offense and the current Iowa style is anything but. Haven't you been watching the last 5 years? If anything, his offensive minded attitude is straight out of the Cael Sanderson playbook. 

Edited by Flying-Tiger

FT, I am no Iowa fan.  It is his intensity that reminds me of an Iowa wrestler, think Gable, Brands, Metcalf and Ramos among many others.  Cael is more laid back.  Just sayin.  I think he will be headed to Happy Valley regardless. 

Personally, I would like to see him go to tOSU.  Great training situation for him, with Stieber, Humphrey, NaTo, Roselli and Jaggers.