jmachinder

FS Junior Worlds - Team Race

Pico wins 11-0 TF. Two observations, what do you all think?

1. Pico had more leg attacks in that match than I've seen in a long time. He's usually a heavy-hands, snapdown machine with some leg attacks as counter-offense. I thought he really upped his game. Or perhaps his opponent was weaker than I've seen him against. I am not sure which.

2. Pico looked skinny. As did Hall. As did Lee. Any chance the training camp was brutal and they overworked?

He usually used his leg attacks much more when he was wrestling at Bosco with great effect.  They weren't counter offense either.  I'm sure he's just varying his game more to give different looks.

As far as everybody looking skinny....they were all thinking "We'd better make weight!"

He usually used his leg attacks much more when he was wrestling at Bosco with great effect.  They weren't counter offense either.  I'm sure he's just varying his game more to give different looks.

As far as everybody looking skinny....they were all thinking "We'd better make weight!"

Well most of them anyway. Thanks.

There was a lot more to the Fix-Lee match than just engine. Lee wrestled bad tactically. He needed to slow the action down and maintain his lead. The first match was understandable but the second match went down exactly as the first. Failing slowing down the action he needed to finish his shots. Lee himself said he stopped wrestling, and he didn't mean he stopped taking shots. He stopped finishing shots. That could have been his gas tank and if so he could have slowed down the action.

Also, as mentioned before fix is a lot bigger and a lot more physically mature than Lee. Lee still has a baby face. Fix needs a shave. Lee is still only sixteen and had to petition into the Jr. Worlds. Even though Fix and Lee are the same year in HS (rising junior) Fix is older. 

All that said, I wouldn't put money down on a re-match either way. It's too close and they are both improving rapidly. Best thing for the USA is if they end up different weights. 

As for Fix's conqueror Micic, well, he's wrestling today. We will see how that goes. I'm rooting for him.

Fix is like 6 months older, his birthday is in March and I think Lee turns 17 in October. Fix is definitely more mature physically, but the age difference isn't that much.

Fix is like 6 months older, his birthday is in March and I think Lee turns 17 in October. Fix is definitely more mature physically, but the age difference isn't that much.

If that't the case then scratch my remarks on age difference. Maybe Lee's baby-face is besides the point. Whatever the case I'm surprised so many people worry about Lee getting big enough. Sure he might not grow from here but then again odds are in his favor to grow.

If that match happens in folk, I'll gladly take you up on a friendly paypal wager. In fact, I'll give you 5-1 odds. Fix wins, I pay you $ 100. Lee wins, you give me $ 20. Lee's best position in folk is on top. He took Fix down 5 times, and in folk would grind him for 2-3 minutes at a stretch. Cheap exposure points don't count in folk, and that is how he scored and won against Lee. Fix did have a nice inside trip in the 2nd match, but his other points were cheap exposure and push outs. Those don't count in folk. Think Logan Stieber v. Devin Carter. Would be a similar score with these two.

In fact, if the match occurs, I will give you 4 points as well. Any takers?

If that match happens in folk, I'll gladly take you up on a friendly paypal wager. In fact, I'll give you 5-1 odds. Fix wins, I pay you $ 100. Lee wins, you give me $ 20. Lee's best position in folk is on top. He took Fix down 5 times, and in folk would grind him for 2-3 minutes at a stretch. Cheap exposure points don't count in folk, and that is how he scored and won against Lee. Fix did have a nice inside trip in the 2nd match, but his other points were cheap exposure and push outs. Those don't count in folk. Think Logan Stieber v. Devin Carter. Would be a similar score with these two.

In fact, if the match occurs, I will give you 4 points as well. Any takers?

Cheap exposure points.  LOL  

A 5:1 odds and you think your guy will grind out a 5 point win?   I'll take the bet!!!!  The match difference will be the same regardless of style.

The cutback counter at the beginning of Pico's match was a killer.  Tough to come back from that against a top guy.  Also, great pushout to win at the end by AZE.  

Yeah, that counter was really slick.  As everybody knows, extremely tough tournament.