Sign in to follow this  
iowawrestling8989

Most Exciting Current Wrestler

Mike Evans is a lot of fun for me to watch. Seeing that I get to watch the Hawkeyes live quite a bit, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy watching him on the mat. Has one of the meanest power half nelsons I have ever seen.

Cole Von Ohlen is a favorite of mine. His arsenol of maneuvers from the top position is very impressive. I love the way he never panics during a match and just keeps wrestling throughout the whole 7 minutes. I'm really pulling for him to make All American status this season. Truth of the matter, I'd love to see him win the whole thing.

Ethen Lofthouse is another. A lot of people moan about the way he wrestles and I frankly don't understand it. The guy doesn't go out and put himself in danger the entire match by being over aggressive, so I suppose that's why other Hawkeye fans complain. I enjoy watching him. Has excellent technique and anytime someone scores against him, they earn it.

There are others I enjoy too, but those three come to mind right now.

I am biased, I realize, by being an Oklahoma State fan, but Oliver is one of ther most exciting wrestlers to watch IMO. Last year, I was so disappointed that trhe fans did not get to watch Gelogeav wrestel. He was one of the few HVY'as that actually had 197 wrestling moves. He would not have made the difference (maybe up into the top four) but the audience would have enjoyed watching him. I really hope he stays healthy this year because he is fun to watch.

I enjoy watching McDonough, Taylor, and Ruth as exciting wrestlers. I have tremendous respect for St. John, Dake, and Ness, but they are not necessarily explosive. They are technically great.

I think Steiber is and will continue to be great (as will his brother), In fact the new influx of freshmen will be fun to watch over the next few years.

I am biased, I realize, by being an Oklahoma State fan, but Oliver is one of ther most exciting wrestlers to watch IMO. Last year, I was so disappointed that trhe fans did not get to watch Gelogeav wrestel. He was one of the few HVY'as that actually had 197 wrestling moves. He would not have made the difference (maybe up into the top four) but the audience would have enjoyed watching him. I really hope he stays healthy this year because he is fun to watch.

I enjoy watching McDonough, Taylor, and Ruth as exciting wrestlers. I have tremendous respect for St. John, Dake, and Ness, but they are not necessarily explosive. They are technically great.

I think Steiber is and will continue to be great (as will his brother), In fact the new influx of freshmen will be fun to watch over the next few years.

Ness isn't really known for being the most technical wrestler. He's known for big throws and going after the pin. I think Ness, Cam Tessari, Z, and Q. Wright can be the most exciting big move guys in college wrestling right now.

I do not understand people who call McDonough exciting. He's certainly excellent and there is no arguing with the results, but I don't think his style is particularly entertaining. If McDonough is the first name that comes to your mind when asked for exciting wrestlers, you must have a different definition of exciting than I do.

I do not understand people who call McDonough exciting. He's certainly excellent and there is no arguing with the results, but I don't think his style is particularly entertaining. If McDonough is the first name that comes to your mind when asked for exciting wrestlers, you must have a different definition of exciting than I do.

Well, he's constantly active and constantly trying to put up points. I'm not sure what you find unexciting about him. Is it because he's not hitting superducks?

Well, he's constantly active and constantly trying to put up points. I'm not sure what you find unexciting about him. Is it because he's not hitting superducks?

Personally, the novelty of watching McD beat his opponents down has worn off since he's not an underclassman. Now he's just another guy who always wins.

>>Personally, the novelty of watching McD beat his opponents down has worn off since he's not an underclassman. Now he's just another guy who always wins.>>

..... Of course, that basically wipes out 95% of all standouts being considered; a few too many re-matches and the results become all too predictable (and low scoring). Which is one reason I've kinda' lost interest in the All-Star Classic, although Vegas, Midlands, Scuffle do some of this, too; such as after Bosak lost 10-4 to Q in the Scuff, you weren't gonna' see action like that at year's end.

Mike Evans is a lot of fun for me to watch. Seeing that I get to watch the Hawkeyes live quite a bit, I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy watching him on the mat. Has one of the meanest power half nelsons I have ever seen.

Cole Von Ohlen is a favorite of mine. His arsenol of maneuvers from the top position is very impressive. I love the way he never panics during a match and just keeps wrestling throughout the whole 7 minutes. I'm really pulling for him to make All American status this season. Truth of the matter, I'd love to see him win the whole thing.

Ethen Lofthouse is another. A lot of people moan about the way he wrestles and I frankly don't understand it. The guy doesn't go out and put himself in danger the entire match by being over aggressive, so I suppose that's why other Hawkeye fans complain. I enjoy watching him. Has excellent technique and anytime someone scores against him, they earn it.

There are others I enjoy too, but those three come to mind right now.

Good call on VonOhlen's demeanor on the mat. His first round match at the ncaa's against the Northwestern guy, he was down early 5-0. I remember thinking that that was going to be a big early upset. Then he tied it 5-5 and ended up pinning the guy shortly after.

"The Ohio Boyz--Logan, Hunter, Cam and Ian Miller."

Don't forget maybe the most exciting of all: Kilgore.

I don't see McD as exciting at all.

I think McDonough is because of how hard he wrestles. Granted, all these wrestlers go hard, obviously, but he seems to push himself harding than most wrestlers during a match then most others IMO. Against Morrison, Brands said that that was one of if not the best display of hard-nosed, superbly conditioned wrestling he's ever seen.