Housebuye

Spencer Lee

Coming off his completely dominant jr world's gold, Spencer Lee has a ton of hype behind him. He is still incredibly young.

Where do you think he ends up? How well would he do against the current 125ers?

His style seems to suit Cael, but every coach in the nation wants him.

Since 2000 there have been have been 7 medals at the lower 2 light weights. 2 of these are Hawkeyes

and Cejudo gave a lot of credit to Terry Brands.

2000 2nd Sammie Henson 3rd Terry Brands

2004 2nd Abas 

2006 3rd Henson 2nd M Zadick

2008 1st Cejudo

2012 3rd Coleman

But tell yourself whatever you want.  

Edited by OtisCampbell

Three schools PSU, Okie State, and ASU would be my guesses. Zeke Jones recruited two of Spencer's teammates last year. John Smith is the most dominant lightweight we've ever had. Cael gets most kids he wants in PA.

Since 2000 there have been have been 7 medals at the lower 2 light weights. 2 of these are Hawkeyes

and Cejudo gave a lot of credit to Terry Brands.

2000 2nd Sammie Henson 3rd Terry Brands

2004 2nd Abas 

2006 3rd Henson 2nd M Zadick

2008 1st Cejudo

2012 3rd Coleman

But tell yourself whatever you want.  

Zadick wasn't a lightweight at Iowa and Cejudo didn't wrestle for Iowa or their club.

I stand corrected on Brands. So what was Lee 6 months old, a year?

Edited by Flying-Tiger

Zadick wasn't a lightweight at Iowa and Cejudo didn't wrestle for Iowa or their club.

You can argue this all you want, but it is not going to change the fact that it is a very high quality training environment for a lightweight training at Iowa. 

I think that a PA talent like Lee has Iowa as one of his top schools says enough about the training situation at Iowa. At least more than your opinion on a message board.

Edited by OtisCampbell

So he gives you examples and you make excuses. Zadick won a world medal as a lightweight. Brands won a medal as a lightweight. The head assistant coach at Iowa was the main factor in the progression of Henry Cejudo. 

Not les we forget that a main influence in Spencer's life is a hawkeye (strittmater).

Funny, I would of thought the main influence in his life would of been his parents. Nevertheless, PSU has a heck of a lot more young guns then Iowa.  

The fact you guys rely on a wrestler that went 149 his senior year and someone that never wrestled at Iowa or their club really proves my point. 

Funny, I would of thought the main influence in his life would of been his parents. Nevertheless, PSU has a heck of a lot more young guns then Iowa.  

The fact you guys rely on a wrestler that went 149 his senior year and someone that never wrestled at Iowa or their club really proves my point. 

Where did I state that Strittmater was the main influence in his life? If you actually read and comprehend my statement and take off your PSU fogged glasses you will see that I said "a" influence in his life, which in laymen terms means "one of".

On another topic, Suriano committing to PSU has a huge affect on Lee. Could be very positive or very negative. 

Really Flying-Tiger?  I cheer for PSU over Iowa but you're really grasping at straws.  Is Jordan Burroughs a light weight currently because he competed at 141 initially in college?  Ridiculous.  By the way, both Iowa and Penn State can be great training environments for lightweights, it's not a mutually exclusive thing.

Edited by bwh27

Between the Brands Bros and two of the top 55kg wrestlers on the Senior Level being in the Hawkeye wrestling club room in Ramos and McD, not to mention Clark and Gilman would probably still be around in a few years as well, I think Iowa would look quite nice to a recruit with post college wrestling aspirations.

It is amazing to me that you guys are arguing over which school would be better for a 16 year old.  As if there were any way for you, let alone anyone, to really know the answer to that question. 

So?  We don't know the answer to the majority of discussions on this forum.  Wrestlers have been committing earlier and earlier, so the speculation isn't really that premature in 2015.

So?  We don't know the answer to the majority of discussions on this forum.  Wrestlers have been committing earlier and earlier, so the speculation isn't really that premature in 2015.

That's true, but most discussions are at least about something relevant to college wrestling in the not too distant future.  Arguing about where somebody should commit who won't see the mat until 2017 at the earliest is pretty ridiculous. Especially considering the fact that people seem so sure that they know what is best for the life of this high schooler.  

What if he doesn't go to any school and just trains at the OTC? Maybe that is best?  Who knows.