Housebuye

Spencer Lee

I was actually kidding about UW and ODU because it was stated that he could go anywhere. (Two good programs none the less)  That being said, If guys like this only go to the top schools, does anyone else ever move in and if so how?

Arizona State seems to be moving up. 

one of the best American lightweights of all time. 

The post I responded to does not mention light weights.

The full on begging for Spencer Lee on Hawk Report has begun, and It is quite a sight to behold. Grown men begging a kid to come to their school. 

The full on begging for Spencer Lee on Hawk Report has begun, and It is quite a sight to behold. Grown men begging a kid to come to their school. 

Yeah, cause it isn't going on in your forums.

And of course Suriano is going to say what he said. True or not he bought what PSU was selling.  Using it as a reason for Lee to go there is kinda silly.

I mean Mejia said â€œI really love the Midwest, more than the east coast" So obviously Lee probably feels the same. 

Edited by OtisCampbell

the post you responded to was talking about lightweights

http://board.themat.com/index.php?/topic/10207-spencer-lee/?p=169124

http://board.themat.com/index.php?/topic/10207-spencer-lee/?p=169357

but that's ok, we don't all have to live our lives by the draconian rule of the transitive property. 

Edited by Jaroslav Hasek

I was happy that Soriano fell our way.  Not only because of his obvious tallant but because he can go 125 if Spenser would want to RS or 133.

I agree. I believe Suriano will wrestle 125 in his freshman year, then move to 133 to make room for, hopefully, Spencer Lee. I think that is the plan, and I have tremendous confidence in coach Sanderson to bring this all to fruition. 

There is no shame in begging for Spencer Lee, whether you're a Hawkeye fan, PSU fan, or other school's fan. He is worth begging for. He is that good. 

Edited by wrestlingnerd

I agree. I believe Suriano will wrestle 125 in his freshman year, then move to 133 to make room for, hopefully, Spencer Lee. I think that is the plan, and I have tremendous confidence in coach Sanderson to bring this all to fruition. 

You're posts make me think about what it would be like to live in North Korea and be bombarded with redundant nonsensical propaganda all day. 

Lee will thrive regardless of where he goes simply because he is "that" good. No knock on Hall or anyone else, but Spencer is the best high wrestler in the country right now. His World Junior Championship speaks to that. 

Also, should he choose Penn State not only will he thrive personally, but unless something totally unforeseen happens he will be a part of another 4 year team title run with Penn State. 

As for your point about styles, again, I disagree. Penn State has had different wrestlers achieve the ultimate college success doing things totally different from other wrestlers at Penn State. 

I don't know.   We saw what Fix did to him.   No one has done that to Hall in this country.  

Lets consider Lee didn't wrestle the same guys Hall wrestled at junior worlds.   Just because Lee out placed Hall, does ot mean he is the best wrestler in the country, especially considering Lee got beat twice just a few weeks ago.  

I don't know.   We saw what Fix did to him.   No one has done that to Hall in this country.  

Lets consider Lee didn't wrestle the same guys Hall wrestled at junior worlds.   Just because Lee out placed Hall, does ot mean he is the best wrestler in the country, especially considering Lee got beat twice just a few weeks ago.  

Bo Nickal dominated Mark Hall twice during his sophomore year (same year as Lee's loss to Fix).  Part of that seemed like a match-up problem since Hall did better against other elite opposition, but still.

P4P Spencer Lee IS the best high school wrestler in the USA. Lee bumped up a weight to challenge the obviously bigger Fix. That day Fix was the better man at that weight. Lee might have lost "just a few weeks ago", well Hall just lost a few days ago!

So now they go to Jr. worlds and Lee totally annihilates everyone in his path, while Hall looks less than stellar against against guys in his weight class. I can not see how you can even make a case for Hall at this point as the best HS wrestler now( as far as P4P), he sits behind Lee after the fact of what we just saw at worlds. 

Realistically though they are both phenoms and this just becomes a silly pissing match where no one is ever right and people will never agree.

Edited by Chasden

Even in PA, two more years of high school wrestling is probably a waste of Spencer Lee's time.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him go the Kyle Snyder route and head out to Colorado Springs after this season.  He could probably place at 125 at the NCAAs this year.  

Edited by Frank_Rizzo

If Moisey wins a title or two at WVU, the team moves up in standings at NCAAs, and they hire some light/young coaches, couldn't the Mountaineers become a real possibility?  Morgantown is pretty close to FR.  Probably not, but it would make things interesting and 18 months ago we never thought ASU would be getting the kids they're getting.

Edited by Chrissn2001