Sign in to follow this  
jeffr_ideal

Why doesn't Cuba have a Jr. team

You would figure Brazil is pretty close, but no Cuban Jr. team.  Anyone know the reason why? 

I'm no geography whiz, but if there's anything I know for sure, it's that Cuba and Brazil are super close to each other. 

I'm no geography whiz, but if there's anything I know for sure, it's that Cuba and Brazil are super close to each other. 

It's still a 5 or 6 hour flight to where the championships were held.  Yes it is closer to Brazil than the US, seeing as how Cuba is only 90 miles away from us.  The Brazilian border is closer, but that's like saying Cuba shouldn't have any issues coming here when they're so close, but ignoring that they'd have to go to someplace far away like LA. 

It's still a 5 or 6 hour flight to where the championships were held.  Yes it is closer to Brazil than the US, seeing as how Cuba is only 90 miles away from us.  The Brazilian border is closer, but that's like saying Cuba shouldn't have any issues coming here when they're so close, but ignoring that they'd have to go to someplace far away like LA. 

Sarcasm. The eastern part of Cuba is at least 3300 miles from Salvador Brazil (where junior worlds were held). 

From Havana to the event location is the equivalent of a trip from New York City to the middle of Europe. Then adding in all the other little cost I'm guessing the Cuban sports association decided to allocate the funds to something else, as they often do with none senior level events. Edited by MadMardigain

I never said super close.  It is slightly longer than a flight from NY to LA.   Point being is that it is much closer that say Azerbaijan. 

Edited by jeffr_ideal