Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingnerd

Spencer Lee has the best leg lace of any American since John Smith

Title says it all. If techs were 20 points, the results would've been no different at Junior Worlds. He has come as close to perfecting the technique as anyone I've seen since Smith. If Smith could coach him for one month, he'd get that lace to a perfect 10. Beautiful transitions from TD to lace. Lethal. The senior guys should watch Lee's lace and take notes.

Actually Zeke had the best lace in his day.

I never really liked his version as much as Smith's. I know it's sacrilegious to compare the Young Gun to Jones, but I honestly think he does it better, at least for his age group if not outright. Lee is such a beast on the mat, and the lace is a perfect move for him given that background. He looked uncomfortable in the past, but now it's so fluid, just like his folkstyle tilts. The transitions are awesome.

I never really liked his version as much as Smith's. I know it's sacrilegious to compare the Young Gun to Jones, but I honestly think he does it better, at least for his age group if not outright. Lee is such a beast on the mat, and the lace is a perfect move for him given that background. He looked uncomfortable in the past, but now it's so fluid, just like his folkstyle tilts. The transitions are awesome.

I'm pointing out that you just compared a 16 year old boy wrestling against other boys to sr world champ.

Dave Schultz is since John Smith. 

This capricious fawning needs to end.....

I'm a huge Dave Schultz fan, and love watching his matches.  But if you're saying it's capricious that '92 John Smith had an inferior leg lace to '93-'96 Dave Schultz then that's almost as capricious as the OP.  Schultz was crazy technical and savvy and brutal in his late career, but he didn't leg lace guys at will like Smith did.  The argument would be between prime Schultz and prime Smith.

I'm a huge Dave Schultz fan, and love watching his matches.  But if you're saying it's capricious that '92 John Smith had an inferior leg lace to '93-'96 Dave Schultz then that's almost as capricious as the OP.  Schultz was crazy technical and savvy and brutal in his late career, but he didn't leg lace guys at will like Smith did.  The argument would be between prime Schultz and prime Smith.

No, he's saying Dave Schultz had a better lace post 92 than Spencer Lee currently does, which I'm sure you agree with.  

Edited by Billyhoyle

You misunderstand, I'm saying schultz had a better leg lace than SPENCER LEE has today. 

Edited by hammerlockthree

I like how Jordanov tried to call time out and stop the carnage of being turned all over the mat. It also was not scored correctly either. The sequence was a 2 pt turn, two hand to hands for a point each, the phony time out requested, and then another turn going out of bounds that should have scored. Good thing the outcome was not affected.

Edited by heelpick