Sign in to follow this  
IronChef

Coleman Scott to 57kg

Nothing wrong with cutting weight, it builds character.  I don't know why so many have stopped.

i plan on cutting about 20 pounds over the course of the next 9 months. should be my toughest cut in years, but i am a grown man and it is my choice. ultimately i believe the sacrifice will be worth it. 

#Jaroslav90kg2016 

i plan on cutting about 20 pounds over the course of the next 9 months. should be my toughest cut in years, but i am a grown man and it is my choice. ultimately i believe the sacrifice will be worth it. 

#Jaroslav90kg2016 

I don't think you understand what a weight cut is.   You seem to be describing actually losing the weight.   Either way, I digress.   

I don't think you understand what a weight cut is.   You seem to be describing actually losing the weight.   Either way, I digress.   

It's cool if you don't want to support my cut but please know I have a great support network and I am fully committed to dropping those kilos for the summer of 2016!

It's cool if you don't want to support my cut but please know I have a great support network and I am fully committed to dropping those kilos for the summer of 2016!

That's not what i meant at all.   I am in full support of your weight loss.   

What I meant is a weight cut is the final water you shed via dehydration.   A weight loss is dieting down and shedding excess weight.   It seems you are doing a weight loss, not a weight cut.   

That's not what i meant at all.   I am in full support of your weight loss.   

What I meant is a weight cut is the final water you shed via dehydration.   A weight loss is dieting down and shedding excess weight.   It seems you are doing a weight loss, not a weight cut.   

I understand the dangers involved. that's why I surround myself with good people. This will be a successful cut, I promise you!

Jaroslav

I fully support your cut in anticipitation of the summer of 2016 and in so doing will do my best to consume all double stuffed oreos currently on shelves at all grocery stores and other venues. I also pledge to drink as much beer as possible to eliminate additional temptation that threatens to lead you astray from your quest.

Jaroslav

I fully support your cut in anticipitation of the summer of 2016 and in so doing will do my best to consume all double stuffed oreos currently on shelves at all grocery stores and other venues. I also pledge to drink as much beer as possible to eliminate additional temptation that threatens to lead you astray from your quest.

Now that's a support system.

I remember a Flo interview maybe a couple of years ago in which Scott talked about having a tough time making 132, having to really stick to a tough diet and run a lot with a guy on the cross-country or track team to get down. He is among the tallest guys at 132, about 5'8". He probably hasn't weighed anything close to 125, which he wrestled as a senior in HS when he was considerably shorter and smaller, in about a decade.

He's probably going to have the toughest cut of anyone next year.

Edited by wrestlingnerd

I think he started at 125 for the Cowboys. I vaguely recall him beating the Gophers Bobby Lowe. Not sure when he went to 133.

Scott's first two years were at 125.  I believe he came out of red-shirt his freshman year half way through the season. Then moved up to 133 for his last two

That implies present tense. He's meaning he IS.

That's all

I could see how you would have taken it as present.  

I could have worded it better, perhaps like this

Come next year, he's a married man in his 30s (I suppose there's no guarantee he will be married) ...

Lets hope for the best for Coleman, hopefully this attempt at the Olympics doesn't blow up on him.   

Everyone took it as present - because that's what you said. He won't even be 30 when the Olympic Trials roll around. He will be 29 through the entire wrestling season and the process to make the team.

Not hard to grasp. What you said (and even after you "meant" to say is and was inaccurate).

You may commence trolling your Olympic bronze medalist .....

Edited by JasonBryant

Everyone took it as present - because that's what you said. He won't even be 30 when the Olympic Trials roll around. He will be 29 through the entire wrestling season and the process to make the team.

Not hard to grasp. What you said (and even after you "meant" to say is and was inaccurate).

You may commence trolling your Olympic bronze medalist .....

Thanks for clearing that up.   Your need to be right is noted,