Sign in to follow this  
BadgerMon

Getting Jobbed

The ref stopped it very early on in the sequence. I think in hindsight it was probably an overreaction but for a second or two it looked like Brands was more out to rip his knee apart and the ref stopped it rather than take a chance. The knee was very vulnerable but given how Brands ended up rolling through it doesn't appear that it caused a problem to Dabir physically. The call wasn't 'sold' to Americans because even though the ref was trying to stop it right away Brands kept going.

The ref stopped it very early on in the sequence. I think in hindsight it was probably an overreaction but for a second or two it looked like Brands was more out to rip his knee apart and the ref stopped it rather than take a chance. The knee was very vulnerable but given how Brands ended up rolling through it doesn't appear that it caused a problem to Dabir physically. The call wasn't 'sold' to Americans because even though the ref was trying to stop it right away Brands kept going.

Guess I didn't have the sound on earlier. Well done.

However, I've seen Dave Schultz get away with much, much worse.

Please post other jobbings

Edited by BadgerMon

Clearly stalling and clearly locked hands.   

It was also a clear escape at the out of bounds line, in the 3rd period.  

But clearly a stall and a locked hands.   

I don't believe the question was whether his hands were locked so much as did Brown intentionally drop to his knees to create the scenario. The older rule (just a couple of books ago) was that the ref could call unsportsmanlike conduct in that case. Now he just shall not call the lock. So why not try to do what Brown did? He might get the call.

The official can still call locked hands in that scenario but the reaction time for top guy to unlock before it becomes a penalty becomes a little longer.  At least that's the way I understand it.  

Let's discuss (ad nauseum) the Garrett/Ramos match at the OTT.

Was it the correct call to nail Garrett with the stalling?

A lot of former wrestlers and Hawks didn't think so....

I'm not hip on the ever changing rules.