Sign in to follow this  
rd149

Josh Moore leaves Kent State for Cleveland St.

Biggest problem for CSU has been their inability to land D1 caliber recruits.  Last season, Willeford and Shaw, both of whom were top 20 caliber kids, made a huge difference for their lineup.  If Moore can upgrade their recruiting, it's a huge pickup for the Vikings.  

I'd like to think that the athletic department at CSU took the advice of some smart people about how to improve their wrestling program.  

Cleveland State would appear to be in an ideal situation:  D-I, no football, in the heart of a wrestling Mecca.  However, in a bad part of town, not exactly an inviting campus, not the greatest facilities for wrestling, etc.  Let's hope it's on track...

BobDole,

Although I will not argue one bit with that being true, there aren't any inner city Detroit Campuses that are going to deter any wrestling recruits..............EMU is the closest and they are 35 miles away and considerably closer to Ann Arbor(UofM).

Coach J;  You'd be shocked at how much nicer many areas of Cleve have become over the last ten years.  CSU has a much improved campus.  Biggest problem with the program has been lack of funding and vision on the part of the athletic department.  

...... they did extinguish the Cuyahoga river fire some time ago .....