Sign in to follow this  
Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

Cadet World Championship 2015. Where is USA team?

Day 1 Greco-Roman:

50 kg: 1. Giovanni Freni (Italy). 2. Emin Sefershaev (Russia). 3. Abdulsamet Bashar (Turkey) and Hankavat Mashinzade (Azerbaijan).

54 kg. 1. Grushin Oleksandr (Ukraine). 2. Joni Khetsuriani (Georgia). 3. Maxim Nihoda (Belarus) and Tigran Minasyan (Armenia). 

58 kg: 1. Amin Kaviyaninedzhad (Islamic Republic of Iran). 2. Egor Lord (Belarus). 3. Edgar Tamazian (Armenia) and Andre Zhinkov (Germany, he is of Russia).

63 kg: 1. Ivanhoe Rikadze (Georgia). 2. Mohamed El Sayed (Egypt). 3. Parvis Nasibov (Ukraine) and Malkhaz Amoyan (Armenia) 

100 kg: 1. Amin Mirzazade (Islamic Republic of Iran). 2. Robert Ersek (Hungary). 3. Patrick Kaminski (Poland) and Anton Savenko (Kazakhstan, he is of Russia).

Day 2 Greco-Roman: 

42kg: 1.Marz Poyada (Islamic Republic of Iran) 2. AbuMuslim Amaev (Russia-Chechnya) 3. Fail Isgandarov (Azerbaijan). 3 Alpamys Dastanber (Kazakhastan)

46kg: 1. Turabek Turkashev (Uzbekistan) 2. Kerem Kamal (Turkey) 3. Atmir Kotcev (Russia-RNO Ossetia) 3.Sultan Olzhas (Kazakhstan)

69kg: 1. Aleksandr Komarov (Russia) 2.Norbert Daszkiewicz (Polska) 3. Ulvi ganizada (Azerbaijan) 3. Nikoloz Tchikaidze (Georgia)

76kg: 1. Dmitri Kiashok (Ukriane)  2.Vadim Hrachuhi (Belarus) 3. Astema Baraguniv (Russia, Kabardina-Balkaria) 3. Samuel Ojgnicu  (Romania)

​85kg: 1. Artur SARGSIAN (Russia, Armenia) 2. Markus Ragginger (Austria) 3. Botond Kismoni (Hungary) 3. Arvi Savolainen (Finland) 

(27.08) Day 3 Freestyle wrestling girls:

38 kg: 1. Miu Shimizu (Japan) 2. Ankush Ankush (India) 3. Zelfira Alakbarli (Azerbaijan) 3. Laura Almaganbetov  (Kazakhstan)

43 kg: 1. Yumeka Tanabe (Japan) 2. Areli Perez Solis (Mexico) 3. Aleksandra Skirenko (Russia) 3. Stefania Preceputu (Romania)...5. Mckayla Campbell (Ohio)

49 kg: 1. Ronna Heaton (South Dakota) 2. Saki Igarashi (Japan) 3. Anastasia Sizenko (Russia) 3. Marina Zaksevskaya (Kazakhstan, she is of Russia) 

56 kg: 1. Viktoria Vaulina (Russia). 2. Kotone Narikuni (Japan) 3. Tatyana Rozhko (Ukraine) 3. Shabnam Ahmadova (Azerbaijan)

65 kg: 1. Koumba Larroque (France) 2. Khanum Valieva (Russia, Azerbaijan origin) 3. Kayla Marano (Oklahoma) 3. Shiho Tanaka (Japan)

(28.08) Day 4 Freestyle wrestling girls:

40 kg: 1. Ekaterina Mikhailova (Russia - Chuvashia), 2. Assyzat Sagymbay (Kazkahstan), 3. Maria Cioclea (Romania), 3. Nastassia Kuryshta (BLR) 

46 kg: 1. Yui Susaki (Japan), 2. Alleida Martinez (California, she is latino Mexico), 3. Lisa Ersel (Germany), 3. Maria Tiumerekov (Russia)

52 kg: 1. Leyla Gurbanova (Azerbaijan), 2. Alexandra Nitsenko (Russia, Krasnoyarsk krai) 3. Sae Nanjo (Japan) 3.Shakhadat Djullibaeva (Uzbekistan)

60 kg: 1. Angelina Lysak (Ukraine), 2. Maria Matyushenko (Russia), 3. Alexandra Sandahl (Sweden), 3. Elena Esposito (Italy)

70 kg: 1. Denise Makota Strom (Sweden), 2. Mei Shindo (Japan), 3. Boriana Borisova (Bulgaria), 3. Alexis Bleau (New York)

(29.08) Day 5 Freestyle:

42 kg: 1. Ivan Okoneshnikov (Russia) 2. Amir Mohammad (Islamic republic of Iran) 3.  Irlasbek Nurakhmet (KGZ). 3. Shahin Mukhtarov (Azerabaijan)

50 kg: 1. Anil Anil (India) 2. Erfan Aeini (Islamic republic of Iran) 3. Ertugrul Kahveci (Turkey) 3. Petr Konstantoinov (Russia, Yakutia)

58 kg: 1. Yianni Diakomihalis (New York). 2. Jintaro Motoyama (Japan). 3.  Amirhossein Kavousi (Islamic republic of Iran) 3. Fazil Hasanov (Azerabaijan)

69 kg; 1. Slavik Naniev (Russia, RNO-Ossetia) 2. Ismail Abdullaev (AZE, Dagestan) 3. Mojtaba Osmavandani (Islamic republic of Iran) 3. Taro Umebayashi (Japan)

85 kg: 1. Davidsoslan Lavoev (Russia, RNO-Ossetia) 2. Khasanboy Rakhimov (Uzbekistan) 3. Nail Seiyar (Turkey) 3. Owen Webster (Minnesota)

(30.08) Last day Freestyle:

46 kg: 1. Aleskei Kapylov (Russia, Yakutia) 2. Georgios Pilidis (Greece) 3. Monu Monu (India) 3. Amir Parasteh (Islamic republic of Iran)

54 Kg: 1.Takuto Otoguro (Japan) 2. Abasgadzhi Magomdeov (Russia, Dagestan) 3. Daton Fix (Oklahoma) 3.  Gevorg Abramian (Ukraine, Armenian)

63 kg: 1. Jarod Varkleeren (Pennsylvania) 2. Khayrula Nuradinov (Russia, Dagestan) 3. Ahmed Medhizadeh (Islamic republic of Iran) 3. Orkhan Abbasov (Azerabaijan)

76 kg: 1. Aslanbek Gvaramia (Russia, Georgian) 2. Ivan Stefanov (Bulgaria) 3. Ahliman Guliyev (Azerabaijan) 3. Arkadzi Pahasian (BLR, Armenian)

100 kg: 1. Gable Steveson (Minnesota) 2. Khasanboy Rakhimov (Uzbekistan) 3. Soslan Khinchagov (Russia, RNO-Ossetia) 3. Yakup Yerlikaya (Turkey)

MEDAT TABLE: 1. Russia Gold - 9, Silver - 7, Brozne - 7

2. Japan  Gold - 4, Silver - 4, Bronze - 4 

3. usa     Gold - 4, Silver - 1, Bronze - 4

4. Iran     Gold - 3, Silver - 2, Bronze - 4

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

The US is extremely weak in Greco at all levels unfortunately.

We are solid in freestyle and womens at all levels though, so that's good. We already have one gold in women's and possibly one more gold and a bronze, plus men's hasn't happened yet. Not a bad showing so far overall.

The US is extremely weak in Greco at all levels unfortunately.

We are solid in freestyle and womens at all levels though, so that's good. We already have one gold in women's and possibly one more gold and a bronze, plus men's hasn't happened yet. Not a bad showing so far overall.

Bringing up success in women's wrestling only makes it worse.  No one cares, and to fans in other countries it is a point of mockery.

Mention to Euros who mock US men's soccer that our women's program is among the best, and they laugh.

ok. I don't care if they laugh? Our women are some of the best in the world. I imagine they wouldn't laugh if they could claim the same thing.

Our men's freestyle team is top 5 in the world. It's not like we are terrible at wrestling. We are just very weak in Greco.

They would laugh either way, and likely wouldn't know if their females were among the best.  Put simply, they wouldn't care.

If you tell average sports fan that our wrestling team is very good, or that Jordan Burroughs is the best in the world, they will laugh and not care.  Does that mean that we shouldn't care about wrestling?  Very poor logic on your part.

If you tell average sports fan that our wrestling team is very good, or that Jordan Burroughs is the best in the world, they will laugh and not care.  Does that mean that we shouldn't care about wrestling?  Very poor logic on your part.

i agree with you....U.S is weak in greco, but sometimes at the junior level there are a couple of champions from the United States, but they disappear in a few years, I hope Lee will not joint to  folkstyle....he is very good, maybe he become like Sadualev in 57 or 65 senior :D

Edited by Abdullahgadzhi Khuzin

i agree with you....U.S is weak in greco, but sometimes at the junior level there are a couple of champions from the United States, but they disappear in a few years, I hope Lee will not joint to  folkstyle....he is very good, maybe he become like Sadualev in 57 or 65 senior :

that IS the problem with young FS studs, they go right back to wrestling Folkstyle the rest of the year. There are not enough Cejudo's out there who skip folk altogether, perhaps Lee will go the Cejudo route but i don't see it happening. Don't believe there has ever been a young wrestler from Pennsylvania give up his folk roots.

as for Greco, we just don't have enough coaches out there who know Greco and can teach it. 

Well the girls got four medals, and after the first day of the boys freestyle we picked up a Champion In Diakomihalis and a Bronze for Webster. Unfortunately I really thought Gavin Teasdale was going to medal and possibly be a finalist but, dropping that match to the Mongolian, cost him everything. Anyway tomorrow we'll see what happens, hopefully all our guys do well. Go team USA!

Well the girls got four medals, and after the first day of the boys freestyle we picked up a Champion In Diakomihalis and a Bronze for Webster. Unfortunately I really thought Gavin Teasdale was going to medal and possibly be a finalist but, dropping that match to the Mongolian, cost him everything. Anyway tomorrow we'll see what happens, hopefully all our guys do well. Go team USA!

Tomorrow I'm betting Fix and Steveson do it.

Is this a thread taunting us for our Cadet greco results? For serious?

I'm not american, but that was what I thought when I read this thread.

We aren't solid in freestyle at all levels. We have medium teams with a few flashes of greatness. We are missing something, and I am not sure what it is.

Maybe the problem is the focus on folkstyle at the high school and collegiate level and then freestyle, that's a real possibility.

Edited by Axe_Spartan

Today's results are fantastic.  I think this is what we expect when we send a team to a world level meet.  Very much in line with what the Russians, Iranians, Azeris, etc., expect from their teams.  I think today shows that the previous disatisfaction is justified--this is our capability.

Some observations so far (day two before medal matches):

Yianni, really strong results, especially since his freestyle resume is thing. His finals opponent had a really strong suite of leg attacks and Yianni's defense was there. He piled in with his own offense. He kept his head after giving up the first points.

Fix: I was surprised he lost until I saw the match. His qf opponent from Russia is *really* good. Strong, aggressive and never stopped attacking. His under-hook throw-by was fierce. Fix has beaten people by physically overwhelming them. Shock and awe. But he is vulnerable to solid attacks and against super aggressive opponents his attacks are significantly less effective than when he is on his front foot. In his first periods against Spencer Lee, Lee took him down almost at will through solid leg attacks. In the second period when Lee let up, Fix overwhelmed him. The Russian gave Fix no opportunity to get his offense going. He just kept coming. Fix was reduced to executing on his strong defense and that let the refs decide the  match with a last second fleeing the hold. The only thing to do to totally neutralize those crappy calls is to not let the matches get to that point in the first place. Finally, I think that that Russian is not your every day opponent even at the Cadet world levels. Hopefully Fix breezes to a bronze and learns from this. 

Gable Stevenson: the guy is a force. If he caps this off with a Cadet world title it will be another in a long line of tremendous achievements by the ninth grader. He already knocked off Jordan Wood decisively in the UWW Nationals. He demonstrated in the Cadet Worlds thus far that he can keep his head in tough matches, that he can score offensive points and defensive points equally well. His opponents in the qf and sf's were not pushovers from watching the matches. The only observation was that in the semifinals he was clearly gassed. That said, he didn't let up and kept scoring. I cannot wait for the finals.

I haven't followed the other USA wrestlers as closely but with  Verkleeren going for the gold and  D’Emilio for the bronze, we are in great shape today.

One thing to realize is Steveson is a FIRST year cadet, he is extremely young and the sky is the limit for the young lad. Some of the guys he had looked like they were 25 and Gable still looks about 12.

Great, great point. The Georgian especially looked like he was near retirement age. Gable is a phenom. 

Postscript on Fix: in the long and growing list of "what the hell do I know anyway" we now have the Russian who beat Fix got handled by Japan in the finals. I won't spoil it for you, but if you get a chance watch it. It's an incredible match. It really showed how a wrestler can handle aggression like the Russian's and if you are anything like me, you are probably wondering how Spencer Lee would have fared against the Russian and the Japanese wrestler. Fix has his work cut out for him!