Sign in to follow this  
HokieHWT

What 2014-2015 redshirt will have the best season?

Who are you excited about coming off of red-shirt?

Personally, I can't wait to see how Chishko does after a year of training. He only got better throughout the season, ending it with winning the Edinboro Open and going 3-0 at the NCO before it was cancelled.

I also can't wait to see what Gustafson does after winning the ACC title as a true freshman. I think he grows into the weight class and could be a dark horse come NCAAs.

Guest Kingsland

Will Chishko beat out Mastriani? And will Gus or Norstem bump to 141? I'm excited about Cornell's greyshirts, Macri and Galasso, along with numerous other talents coming off redshirt this year.

I saw a late season interview last year where chisko said he wanted to wrestle 149. I think he has the talent to beat mastriani too. He may cut to 141 for the team tho.

Gus is out til January with an acl but should factor into a podium chase either at 133 or 141.

UNC Henderson should be a title contender but nico has a minefield to go thru if he expects to make the finals again.

Creek chub, This month VT insiders are saying Chishko will be in the hunt at 149.  Are you saying that CHISHKO now is saying he plans to go 141?  That would be excellent, but I don't think he's known so far for serious weight cutting.

Stove pipe

Just speculation on my part and mostly wishful thinking since we have a whole at 141.

He started last year @ 141.

He looks too big in my opinion to make the cut with no ill effects. It's a shame that he or sal will be riding the pine if he doesn't cut but if he beats out sal and I think he does, then so be it.