Sign in to follow this  
ConnorsDad

2015 Worlds Results and Discussion

How mcuh would you say he is better of a college wrestler since we last saw him compete?

I dont know. How mcuh would you? Now that we have both been assholes w/o answering the question, lets try again. He is obviously as competitive in freestyle, if not more so, than he was in folk despite all the time he spent here growing up and competing against the world not just US collegians. Does anybody have any ideas or just playing internet tough guy.

Feel sorry for Mohammadi, he was the best wrestler in this crazy weight but made a costly mistake against Chamizo.

Navruzov was an average wrestler until 2 months ago ! hard to believe he is improved that much in such a short time ! the final was insane.

Edited by wrestfan

Chamizo is the first wrestler to win the world gold for Italy in freestyle. Schillaci was the last who came close to it by winning the silver, losing to John Smith in 1991. Claudio Pollio is the only italian freestyle wrestler to ever medal at Olympics, he won the gold in 1980.

Greco is a different story, Vincenzo Maenza is a 2 time olympic champ, Minguzzi won the gold in 2008 (yeah, a lot of controversy related to that Abrahamian match, but Minguzzi deserved to win in the end). Greco in Italy has a strong tradition, unlike freestyle.

I'm really, really happy that Frank won. I don't know, I had a feeling he would win, he's so talented and driven. Great job young man!