Sign in to follow this  
closer617

Isaac Jordan at the midlands

IMO, given that he's a RS FR the sky is the limit. So far at Midlands he has knocked off the #12, #5, and #4 seeds. Earlier this year he beat the 2012 DIII National Champ in the finals of the Pointer Open, and last Spring he had a very solid showing at Fila Jr's (took 3rd). We're pretty pumped to see things looking up here in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin itself is having one hell of a showing at the Midlands. I guess many people, including myself were too quick to judge. I thought that they'd be riding the bottom of the barrel, with exception to Tyler Graff. I was wrong, and I admit it.
Johnny, part of the reasons I like your post. Not too many people on the boards are willing, or able, to step up and admit being wrong. Very cool!

Consider also that Wisconsin's team points in the meet do not include the points of their red shirts (Theilke and Jordan and also Lubeck in the consolations); those team points are the results of this year's starters.

But this year's Badger lineup is very uneven in terms of talent; there's a "feast an famine" effect going on. Certainly, the situation is better than last year where it was mostly "famine" up and down the lineup (with a couple of exceptions). This year's team will do better in reasonably challenging tournaments; will still struggle in most duals with quality opponents; and will make a respectable showing in the NCAA meet with a couple of AAs.

Next year will see at least four guys who will likely make it to the NCAA podium and thus, they will be a pretty good NCAA team. What remains to be seen is whether they can even-out the lineup for duals and generally upgrade the talent across the board. They need another solid recruiting year to accomplish some of that, as they don't appear to have enough consistent DI-level talent (or depth) in the room at the right weights, right now.

But Davis has apparently weathered the departure of Pritzlaf and Frayer (and the ensuing abandonment of the program by a handful of high profile recruits) and is restocking his cupboard in a workman-like fashion. Can't but help commend Davis and his new stable of coaches for the job they are doing.

IMO, given that he's a RS FR the sky is the limit. So far at Midlands he has knocked off the #12, #5, and #4 seeds. Earlier this year he beat the 2012 DIII National Champ in the finals of the Pointer Open, and last Spring he had a very solid showing at Fila Jr's (took 3rd). We're pretty pumped to see things looking up here in Wisconsin.

Add Jesse Dong to list.

Jordan is a true Freshman.

The best way to say it, so as not to allow any further confusion, is Jordan is a true freshman who is currently Redshirting.

I wish I could use the above sentence for Taylor Massa, but alas, Michigan felt it was best to put their best out at each weight. Their true freshmen are taking some major lumps as a result.

Jordan is a true Freshman.

The best way to say it, so as not to allow any further confusion, is Jordan is a true freshman who is currently Redshirting.

I wish I could use the above sentence for Taylor Massa, but alas, Michigan felt it was best to put their best out at each weight. Their true freshmen are taking some major lumps as a result.

I agree completely about the Michigan group. I think they should have redshirted them all and then next year they get Whitford and Coon who will be true frosh. So maybe next year they redshirt that entire group and make a good run the next 3 years. I think Massa can still have an outside shot at making the podium this year though but Bruno will struggle and Thomas is showing that he should have 100000000000% been redshirted this year.