Katie

Metcalf & 65kg discussion

These rules are bogus.  We were supposed to remove the crooked officials from impacting the match so much and this is what we come up with?  Laughable.  Completely pathetic rule changes give these losers all the power.  

There should be an official or 3 watching every match on video and requesting reviews on close calls.  Metcalf was damn close to getting exposure on the body lock but again - the ridiculous rules prevent one from really using a challenge block.  So ****ing dumb.  

sorry for being behind in this; but shot clock?  I don't really get that, it didn't really look like the IRN guy was doing much?  Help me out please.

Iranian guy was mostly controlling the center of the mat and thus gets the benefit in that situation.  He wasn't DOING a whole lot, but neither was Metcalf, and Mohammadi had control of the center.

Why does Brent never go elbow tie with his left hand?  Mohammadi kept clubbing and going collar tie with his right hand and Brent kind of just drapes that with his own over tie.  

Mohammadi looked to be keeping his left leg back so the high-c wasn't there. Have to not only pass, but square him first. 

Edit: Misread that, usually Brent takes the wrist off the right hand tie than when his opponent posts with the left he goes for the high-c. Mohammadi was privy to this. 

Edited by CoachWrestling

Why does Brent never go elbow tie with his left hand?  Mohammadi kept clubbing and going collar tie with his right hand and Brent kind of just drapes that with his own over tie.  

stating the obvious here, but because he's so inclined to shoot left handed High C's

Looked like two on the chest wrap to me, questionable that one wrestler was put on the shot clock and the other never was when both looked to be doing the same to me.

Iranian looked tired at the end, might be asking a lot for him to win two more to make the finals to pull Metcalf back in. Hoping Chamizo can upset Asgarov or Asgarov's gas tank runs out before the semis!

Looked like two on the chest wrap to me, questionable that one wrestler was put on the shot clock and the other never was when both looked to be doing the same to me.

Iranian looked tired at the end, might be asking a lot for him to win two more to make the finals to pull Metcalf back in. Hoping Chamizo can upset Asgarov or Asgarov's gas tank runs out before the semis!

Chamizo beat Asgarov earlier in the year IIRC

Edit: nevermind, Asgarov defeated Chamizo in Euro finals

Edited by CoachWrestling

Brent loses to the Iranian. Brent got screwed out of 2 points on a dump. But now we just have to hope the Iranian call pull Brent through. But the way Azerbijan is wrestling it'll be a tall order. Lastly Brent, just does not look right. He is usually the energizer bunny but today he looks like he's the one who's low on gas.

Brent loses to the Iranian. Brent got screwed out of 2 points on a dump. But now we just have to hope the Iranian call pull Brent through. But the way Azerbijan is wrestling it'll be a tall order. Lastly Brent, just does not look right. He is usually the energizer bunny but today he looks like he's the one who's low on gas.

This is how he always looks against in meaningful matches.  It is a struggle at this weight class because it is so deep and talented.  If anything, I thought his performance vs Iran was excellent.  He was very close to taking the match.  Just have to hope that Iran can pull him through and he can go on a run.  

another entertaining 65 kg match. i think the better wrestler won, but Metcalf was very close, especially considering the match he just finished. 

Also, Garcia loses to Romania. Interesting. Mohammadi should win there, then have winner of Chamizo v Asgarov to make the finals, which would pull Metcalf AND Habat into the repecharge. then Metcalf would have a very good chance of making the bronze medal match and then another battle with either Chamizo or Asgarov. 

another entertaining 65 kg match. i think the better wrestler won, but Metcalf was very close, especially considering the match he just finished. 

Also, Garcia loses to Romania. Interesting. Mohammadi should win there, then have winner of Chamizo v Asgarov to make the finals, which would pull Metcalf AND Habat into the repecharge. then Metcalf would have a very good chance of making the bronze medal match and then another battle with either Chamizo or Asgarov. 

i like the optimism, but doesn't Mohammadi have to beat Asgarav in order for Brent to be pulled back in?