Sign in to follow this  
rodneydeeeee

Future stars

I know it's not college wrestling, but 2 future stars we should hear much of.

Of all the years I have been watching wrestling at various levels, I watched the greatest match IMO tonight. If any of you get a chance to watch the Marstellar vs Wieroich match, please do. It was EPIC.

On another note, any idea where Snyder is leaning torwards?

Marstellar definitely reminds me alot of Kolat. Very similar styles and power. Great match. I am surprised Wieroch didn't ride better. In that situation, you need to do everything possible to hold him down include drop down to a leg/stall or whatever it takes.

All the credit in the world to Cody W. I do however think Marsteller really showed rust from his 4 months of being off. This was basically his first go around since tearing his shoulder. I was just a fan and didn't really care who won.

I doubt Marsteller goes to Pitt. I'm not sure he stays in PA to be honest.

Any news on Snyder or where he is leaning?

Awesome effort from both guys.

Thought Wiercioch was a bit tentative earlly, but really gained confidence as the match wore on. Marstellar a bit gassed.....not very often he has to put that much effort into a match at this level.

Some really good scrambles throughout on their feet. Both guys will need to improve from top position as they transition to college.

I thought Wiercioch waited too long to start to open up. Both very solid on their feet (great positioning), but I was a little surprised at how passive both were on top, especially CW in OT. You need to do better than that, even if it means a stalling point. It looked like he was basically cutting him loose.

I thought Wiercioch waited too long to start to open up. Both very solid on their feet (great positioning), but I was a little surprised at how passive both were on top, especially CW in OT. You need to do better than that, even if it means a stalling point. It looked like he was basically cutting him loose.

With the way both of these 2 steamroll there opposition, I suspect their tanks were tested more than ever last night. When your body says no, there isn't much you can do. I fully expect these to get better as they get more tested. I do agree though, getting out was simple for both.

I agree that in the overtime period it was a gas tank issue, but before that neither was able to hold the other down at all. Maybe that speaks to both their strengths on bottom though too.

There was action through the entire match, and I'm sure they were both dead tired at the end. Nice show of respect at the end as well.

I think PSU has as much of a shot as anybody else in recruiting Marsteller. He has stated he thinks he will grow into one of the larger weights and wants to go to a room that has competition in those weights.

I realize they were gassed at the end, but even earlier in the match, neither really even attempted to ride/turn the other. Unless you're Jordan Burroughs (who is a pretty good mat wrestler in his own right), that won't work.

I realize they were gassed at the end, but even earlier in the match, neither really even attempted to ride/turn the other. Unless you're Jordan Burroughs (who is a pretty good mat wrestler in his own right), that won't work.

Chance has dominated his opposition every step of the way to this point of his career. Even last night, after being out a few months, he almost converted a few nice take downs.

Unlike college though, there is no riding time point. I think both would rather take their chances getting a takedown rather than trying to ride the other out the full length of a period.

Chance has dominated his opposition every step of the way to this point of his career. Even last night, after being out a few months, he almost converted a few nice take downs.

Unlike college though, there is no riding time point. I think both would rather take their chances getting a takedown rather than trying to ride the other out the full length of a period.

stop with the marstellar just coming back.... he has competed in every event for kennard dale this season.

All the credit in the world to Cody W. I do however think Marsteller really showed rust from his 4 months of being off. This was basically his first go around since tearing his shoulder. I was just a fan and didn't really care who won.

I doubt Marsteller goes to Pitt. I'm not sure he stays in PA to be honest.

Any news on Snyder or where he is leaning?

it wasn't a shoulder injury, it was a dislocated elbow.

Is it true that wrestling fans pay for a farm hand for Marstellar's dad because he wanted Chance to farm instead of wrestle? I heard that from a BECA insider. I think he said he trains at a college too? So he's not quite the homegrown hero he's been made out to be.

Since the title was "Future Stars" I'm gonna mention Russ Parsons. Got a good look at him versus a very tough Collica and he is a brick sh-thouse. Joe Heskett,s Army squad got one of the ten best kids in the country in my opinion.

I believe Army is on Snyder's short list as well.

Since the title was "Future Stars" I'm gonna mention Russ Parsons. Got a good look at him versus a very tough Collica and he is a brick sh-thouse. Joe Heskett,s Army squad got one of the ten best kids in the country in my opinion.

I believe Army is on Snyder's short list as well.

though, likely only because his older brother wrestles HWT for the Black Knights. Which begs the question...when is the last time one of the service academies produced a national champion? Dan Muthler (Navy) in the early 70s?

Awesome match, can't wait to see what chance does as far as selecting and competing in college. I'm thinking he goes where he has the best training partners for 2016 though, not a matter of allegiance or home state IMO

2016, but at what weight? It isn't going to be at 74 kg the way that weight is shaping up.