Katie

Herbert & 86kg discussion

Dang and I was going to say something about Herbert the other day. Watched Herbert wrestle Dake and Taylor during training AND both got the better of Jake. I was going to say if he is struggling with those smaller guys...

I know there was talk of DT moving up, I wonder if Dake might move up himself?

Herbert just never creates angles on his shots.  He seems to not know how to hand fight in a way that he can create an angle.  No elbow passes, drags, anything.  Just dive shots from the outside.  I just don't understand.

Dake needs to move up.  I knew it wasn't good when Dake was taking him down on that clip on flo.  Just too limited.

Billy, i know my post came off as troll-ish but i just dont think that was close to his best. he didnt even get one angle the whole match. just kept diving straight in.

Yeah, I get frustrated too watching our guys at this meet sometimes.  Year after year most have "disappointing" performances.  After a certain point though can we really be disappointed? We can't expect Herbert to win a medal and take out the wrestlers from these eastern European countries.  He hasn't shown us anything in a long time to make us think he can beat them.  I'm just happy that he's still out there battling at his age and chasing his dream, and now hoping that the Georgian makes the finals to pull him back for medal contention.  

If I was Dana White I would do whatever I could do sign Sadulaev.  He is so strong it makes the guys he wrestles look like cadets.

Dana White isn't interested in that.  He is building a WWE type circus over there and it is working.  The audience he is targeting, (the casual fan) is just clueless.   There's an entire campaign going around ZUFFA where they have been trolling Floyd Mayweather with a girl who they claim can beat him.   Yes you heard right, a girl and one at 135 pounds no less.   The failed drug tests are a complete embarrassment to the company, the criminals running rampant, the lies, the corruption, etc., yet they continue to build the circus.  They've signed Makhov and no one has a clue about him, instead the MMA world is focused on a 39 year old retired fighter who lost 3 of his last 6.   The fan base is just clueless for the most part.   

Unless Sadulaev's english is very good and he can trash talk, with the best of them, I can hardly see Dana White being interested in him.   

Did anyone understand why Salas didn't want to challenge that last point he scored? I thought it was a 4.

My guess was that the risk of losing it would mean that he'd need a takedown with 4 seconds remaining instead of a pushout. 

Dana White isn't interested in that.  He is building a WWE type circus over there and it is working.  The audience he is targeting, (the casual fan) is just clueless.   There's an entire campaign going around ZUFFA where they have been trolling Floyd Mayweather with a girl who they claim can beat him.   Yes you heard right, a girl and one at 135 pounds no less.   The failed drug tests are a complete embarrassment to the company, the criminals running rampant, the lies, the corruption, etc., yet they continue to build the circus.  They've signed Makhov and no one has a clue about him, instead the MMA world is focused on a 39 year old retired fighter who lost 3 of his last 6.   The fan base is just clueless for the most part.   

Unless Sadulaev's english is very good and he can trash talk, with the best of them, I can hardly see Dana White being interested in him.   

A circus?  More like a conglomeration of the best fighters on the planet.  Weidman, Dillashaw trash talkers?  No, just total bad ass fighters.