Katie

Burroughs & 74kg discussion

That review put a bit of a damper on the match...Seemed like it should have been 4.  Burroughs still would have won though.  

It seemed as though the Mongolian at the very least earned exposure on that sequence. Either way, it wasn't changing the ending.

What an impressive performance today by J.Burroughs. It was not an easy draw. He is the champion.

The only downside I think, is that we collectively will have to deal with poster 'Katie' continuing to slobber all over his knob and further shut down any mention of Kyle Dake, David Taylor or Andrew Howe at 74kg for now. ;)

JB was very impressive... Amazing in fact. 4x world and Olympic champ and 5x medalist, wow.

Also, I was informed by an ex poster on here (latinolova) that the Nagy Burroughs beat today was not the same Nagy that beat Mark Hall at junior world's. I believe the Nagy from Juniors was Peter and the one who wrestled JB was called Mahkeal or something.

JB was unable to blast through Geduev with his double, it was like hitting a wall. Something like that doesn't happen very often. The russian looked bigger and stronger than him, but JB did great nonetheless. Really amazing.

Actually he won the match with a double albeit not exactly a blast.  Another time he drove Geduev out of bounds and one he was very close.  One of the things that makes JB so elite is his ability not to force positions.  He bails before it's too late and he has no hesitation in waiting for a stale mate.

Can someone explain to me why the Mongolian received no points on his chest lock/toss?  

I can't.  But there was a similar bad call against Novachkov in his match with Ramonov.  Both were reviewed and correct calls were overturned.  The results were bizarre.

The only thing I can think of that's reasonable is that the head officials are trying to encourage leg attacks -- i.e. if you throw someone with a defensive throw and don't end up on top then it shouldn't count.

If those are the actual rules, then no one knows them, and they're not in the rule book.