Katie

Ramos & 57kg discussion

Question on the 30 second shot clock in the Ramos - Rahimi match:  It appeared to me noone had scored well beyond the 30 second mark when Rahimi was on the shot clock.  The official let the action continue until Rahimi eventually scored.  Is the 30 seconds not a hard limit?  If the action is about to score, do they let the action continue?

Question on the 30 second shot clock in the Ramos - Rahimi match:  It appeared to me noone had scored well beyond the 30 second mark when Rahimi was on the shot clock.  The official let the action continue until Rahimi eventually scored.  Is the 30 seconds not a hard limit?  If the action is about to score, do they let the action continue?

Exactly correct

Now that we are kinda-sort-of besties with Iran, I want to say GO RAHIMI!!!

I should add that I am only kidding about the besties thing. I do want Rahimi to win so that Ramos can get a shot at the bronze.

Edited by BigTimeFan

Wouldn't have made any difference but what was that idiot ref saying to Ramos after he gave a takedown that wasn't even close to being a takedown? Looked like he was scolding him for something.  Then they confirmed the BS takedown call. 

Ramos still would have lost but that was ridiculous.

Wouldn't have made any difference but what was that idiot ref saying to Ramos after he gave a takedown that wasn't even close to being a takedown? Looked like he was scolding him for something.  Then they confirmed the BS takedown call. 

Ramos still would have lost but that was ridiculous.

They never gave a TD.  It was 5-1 before that and they gave a step out at the end of the scramble to make it 6-1.  Then they confirmed it and the lost challenge made it 7-1.   The announcer just kept calling it a TD.

Edited by boconnell