Katie

Ramos & 57kg discussion

I have to say, I was surprised and disappointed at how lacking offensively Ramos was today.  Seemed to struggle for every point 

If you can't put up points at this level, you don't have a future, I don't care how tough you are.

Ramos doesn't  look like the answer to me.

Still liking the upside for Ramos, I hope he can adjust at the level world class wrestling and has enough time before the Olympics. It's a pretty big jump but I think (unlike priors before Cejudo) he has(as I said before) he has what "it" (whatever "it" is) takes.

Got it, ok cause that was a push out, any idea why it looked like the ref was scolding Ramos?

TR is an embarrassment to the US in such an international setting... pointing for "2" to the table, questioning the ref when he couldn't even get a take down.  

And the guy who beat him got schooled minutes later.

The macho staring didn't work big guy.

I hope TR learns from his experience at the Worlds by being surrounded by people who both won and lost with total class.

I doubt he will learn. He just doesn't have it in him.

He is not they guy we want representing our country both wrestling wise and / or emotionally. Quite sad that he refuses to grow up and learn from those both on the US team and other world team members how to actually TRY to show some class. 

The bragging tough guy, "I am the best" diatribe is getting old, especially when he doesn't perform.  People should remind him how a HS freshman beat him at Ironman.

TR is an embarrassment to the US in such an international setting... pointing for "2" to the table, questioning the ref when he couldn't even get a take down.  

I hope TR learns from his experience at the Worlds by being surrounded by people who both won and lost with total class.

He is not they guy we want representing our country both wrestling wise and / or emotionally. Quite sad that he refuses to grow up and learn from those both on the US team and other world team members how to actually TRY to show some class. 

The bragging tough guy, "I am the best" diatribe is getting old, especially when he doesn't perform.  People should remind him how a HS freshman beat him at Ironman.

You clearly have an axe to grind here.  You are not even close to unbiased.  You are bringing up HS matches in a world championships thread.  I hate when the childish college posters bring their rooting interests into the international forums.  It is amazing to me that Iranian and US posters can show each other and each other's athletes more respect than college "fans".

Seriously.....Ramos is an embarrassment? What?!  You should be embarrassed for writing that. 

He has the attitude that he is the best...well because that is the attitude you should have when you are trying to win a world and olympic championship. Should he believe that he is less than the rest on that level?

He was questioning that he got exposure for two in that scramble. They challenged and the refs were denying the challenge. He was advocating for himself. Coaches are not allowed on the mat at that time. Granted the challenge was denied...but I'm not sure where you think he was being classless.  

Sounds like you have your own set of issues with him.  That's ok. I'm pretty sure he will continue being the best guy in our country and do his best to win world titles. 

You clearly have an axe to grind here.  You are not even close to unbiased.  You are bringing up HS matches in a world championships thread.  I hate when the childish college posters bring their rooting interests into the international forums.  It is amazing to me that Iranian and US posters can show each other and each other's athletes more respect than college "fans".

EXACTLY ! 

feel srry for Rahimi, had a brutal draw (while Khinch had a clean path to the final) had some close matches against Venezuela, Jong and Ramos. tried really hard to get there and then in semis Lebedev punched into his eyes made his face bloody for the final, still was leading the match 4-1 and was the better wrestler for 5 minutes and half but then dang. once again he just froze during the match for 1000 times.

One thing about the Ramos - Rahimi match, was when Rahimi was put on the 30 second shot clock at the 5 minute mark, it didn't appear on the scoreboards.  The coaches nor the wrestlers could see a countdown of how much time was left on it.  All in all, a good shot by Rahimi - who knows if Ramos could have stalemated, but he also couldn't see anything to know if the 30 seconds had expired.