Katie

Green & 70kg discussion

WOOOOOOHHHHHH.   Dominant.  He's only going to get better as he gets more used to FS.  

Enough Burroughs, what is Green going to do next year?

He'll go 65kg and if he can cut the weight right, he'll be a medal contender (already has a win over the world champ).  

Wow!  Green looked very tough, hell of a tournament.  He looks very sharp on his feet and very comfortable.  He has a bright future and I am looking forward to seeing more of him on the international scene.

WOOOOOOHHHHHH.   Dominant.  He's only going to get better as he gets more used to FS.  

He'll go 65kg and if he can cut the weight right, he'll be a medal contender (already has a win over the world champ).  

Someone is going to have to explain to me how a college 157 pounder is supposed to 65kg (=143lb). How different are the weigh in rules that that would be possible?

Burroughs, Geduev and Tsargush look to be about the same level..matches super close...Yazdani looks to be someone who can just go up to 74kg and just beat them all and be the new star. He is an amazing talent already, imagine in 1 year.

Still sticking to this comment?  Not saying he can't with some (a lot) of improvement, but he hasn't done anything close to justifying this statement.  You are talking about two multi-multi-time world champs and a guy that can give the both grief vs. a 1st time silver medalist at a lower weight class....

Someone is going to have to explain to me how a college 157 pounder is supposed to 65kg (=143lb). How different are the weigh in rules that that would be possible?

Yes, good question. But Metcalf and Humprey are both well below their college weights and they were in college a while ago.

Still sticking to this comment?  Not saying he can't with some (a lot) of improvement, but he hasn't done anything close to justifying this statement.  You are talking about two multi-multi-time world champs and a guy that can give the both grief vs. a 1st time silver medalist at a lower weight class....

...who nearly got teched.

Don't you remember Mike Zadick and Nate Gallick going 60kg?  It's just a matter of shrinking their bodies a bit..and not having weekly hour before weigh ins.  Whether he is as effective is another question..I don't know the answer to that one.  

And Yazdani got taken apart in the finals..wow.  I think he will still be dangerous for a long time though. 

Edited by Billyhoyle

Does Spencer Lee start looking west of the Mighty Mississipp to Nebraska after this latest, most excellent result by Mr. Green? I have to believe that these results might not be unique to middle weights alone, given the effort.

Don't you remember Mike Zadick and Nate Gallick going 60kg?  It's just a matter of shrinking their bodies a bit..and not having weekly hour before weigh ins.  Whether he is as effective is another question..I don't know the answer to that one.  

And Yazdani got taken apart in the finals..wow.  I think he will still be dangerous for a long time though. 

I actually wasn't aware of that, but looked it up. The story has a lot in common with Green. Zadick a 3x all-American in college, 149 pounds, highest place was third. Then wrestles 132 internationally earns a silver medal in the worlds in 2006 (graduated in 2002).

His weight class drop was 17 pounds between college and internationally. Green from 157 to 143 is only 14 pounds and off of a higher base.