heelpick

WOW!!!!!

snyder spent his entire senior year at the OTC... he was preparing for this moment for years... he is also spending the next year at the OTC because he knows what really means more...

And yet it is this year, a year he wrestled a full ncaa season, is the year he has the ultimate success.

First and foremost, amazing, amazing, wonderful. And what a guy too. He is a class act and such a bright spot.

What did we hear in the lead up?

One and done

Bad draw

Nice he made the finals, doesn't have a shot

Beat the #2 Iranian

Has no par terre

And you know what, I think the posters were not haters. Not trollers. The posters wanted to Snyder to win. Some of the posts were not too far off the mark. That's what makes this all the more amazing. He surprised everyone and judging from his reaction after winning, he might have even surprised himself a little. Nothing wrong with that. 

A historic night.

And yet it is this year, a year he wrestled a full ncaa season, is the year he has the ultimate success.

as impressive a s a world title is, it is not the ultimate success... that is reserved for olympic years...

nice try though...

as impressive a s a world title is, it is not the ultimate success... that is reserved for olympic years...

nice try though...

Umm, the olympic$ are our world championships every fourth year. And as bad as FILA (or WWE or whatever) is, in that fourth year we get a additional heaping pile of .... from people even less concerned with the actual competition and competitors, while trying to draw the viewing eyes of casual fans and soccer moms. I understand the hype of the olympic$, but that doesn't make a WC in wrestling any less of an accomplishment.

i am not in the business of denigrating world achienment... quite the opposite... i applaud it... bronze siilver gold... either one, it is important and truly means somehting... but... olympics mean more than worlds... they just do

i am not in the business of denigrating world achienment... quite the opposite... i applaud it... bronze siilver gold... either one, it is important and truly means somehting... but... olympics mean more than worlds... they just do

That's too bad. The Olympics tried (and still may be trying) to eliminate us from the programme. And their threat of number reductions (which have happened) along with elimination threat is what drove the eternally changing bastardized rules that made the sport unwatchable, not understandable, and barely better than coin flip competition. The WC wasn't going to end, but the olympic$ tried to end wrestling. Best not to forget that. Frankly wrestling, as a sport, might have been better off not trying to satisfy the commercial interest that is the olympic$ and governing itself.

wow...Gadisov once AGAIN manages to lose a match in the last seconds...CRAZY....4:3 with 5:40 to go and loses...

This is a common pattern with Gadisov. How many times has he has lost like that? Must be at least 4 times. Yazdani at the Olympics,then he almost lost at the Worlds to Shamil Ahmedov that way and Gazymov. 

Snyder is good, but Gadisov somehow manages to lose matches he should be winning. There is def. something mentally off with Gads.

Edited by wfan24