Sign in to follow this  
crank4444

Mocco

Mocco will do fine but he will not challenge for a UFC title. Cormier and he have spared several times in the past with Cormier owning him so he might make to 10 but I doubt he challenges for the UFC title.

They sparred in what, boxing? And because they sparred in the past and cormier "owned him" that means Mocco can't succeed in the UFC? Cormier owned Big Foot Silva and Silva is fighting for the UFC championship, while Cormier is not.

Mocco will do just fine. I've seen him fight once and he looked very good.

From what I have heard from a OSU board almost three years ago is that they have trained together MMA. Cormier destroys Mocco in all parts of the game-even wrestling. That really surprised me then because Mocco was a fighter from what I heard and a great Judo guy. This was before Cormier's rise in MMA. I remember thinking back in 2008 when whan I saw Cormier bump up and beat the russian #2 and Mocco in finals at heavy. at the Dave Scultz. I was really surprised because he not only beat Mocco but controlled him. I thought to myself Cormier must be stronger than he looks becasue Mocco is a beast. Then over the last few years before Cormier got good Mocco , Lawal and Cormier used to spare and, box, wrestle and do MMA. Cormier got the best of that three way almost everytime. Mocco will do fine but he will not challenge for the belt-unless he improves but he is getting old-he better hurry. But to gauge yourself by Cormier is the good thing here. Cormier may be the best Heavy, Lt Heavy in the World. We did not know just how good Comier was a few years ago. People know Comier can/should beat Cain but the big fight is with Jon Jones. I think the heavy div does have room for Mocco-hope he makes it. It is all about getting a chance.