Sign in to follow this  
wnywrestling

Adeline Gray vs. Jordan Burroughs

not even in the craziest or dimensions...

this does not take away from her accomplishments in the least... she is legit an athlete as there is in women's sports...

but, really?

this is coming from something who truly believes ronda would kill floyd...

There are amateur male fighters at Ronda's weight that would hammer her in a BOXING match. Floyd or any decent pro boxer would put her too sleep real quick.

Who cares about boxing with its rules and humongous clown gloves.

I'd bet on Ronda over Floyd in a FIGHT all day every day. His only chance is a one punch knock out, but he's always been more defensive than aggressive.

But Adaline vs JB? Please.... Don't insult both of them with that question.

Women will beat men on the balance beam every time.

On the rest of the sports world - men will wipe them out 99 out of 100  times.

They are generally happy with "separate but equal" while knowing "equal" is a myth.

Edited by WillieBoy

This may be the most ridiculous thread ever started on here, and that's saying something.  There are middle school kids that would beat her right now.

Re Rousey, if she is getting hit by girls that learned to fight watching Turbo Boxing workout vids, what would Floyd Freaking Mayweather do to her?  

Just stop.

Women will beat men on the balance beam every time.

On the rest of the sports world - men will wipe them out 99 out of 100  times.

They are generally happy with "separate but equal" while knowing "equal" is a myth.

Lightweights will beat heavyweights on the balance beam every time.

On the rest of the sports world - heavyweights will wipe them out 75 out of 100  times.

Riiiiiiight. 

Yes, right.  Considering we live in an age of 15 year old middle school kids now, yes that would happen.

There is a kid that just started at Bergen Catholic that would rag doll her.  Leave her accomplishments vs other females alone to stand on it's own.  Let's not get crazy.

Yes, right.  Considering we live in an age of 15 year old middle school kids now, yes that would happen.

There is a kid that just started at Bergen Catholic that would rag doll her.  Leave her accomplishments vs other females alone to stand on it's own.  Let's not get crazy.

Then why did you even respond? Your only goal was to play passive-aggressive and take a dig at Adeline, compare accomplishments to women and then pull the Josh McKenzie card. Typical NJWC troll behavior.

Can't say I'm surprised. 

Edited by JasonBryant

Then why did you even respond? Your only goal was to play passive-aggressive and take a dig at Adeline, compare accomplishments to women and then pull the Josh McKenzie card. Typical NJWC troll behavior.

Can't say I'm surprised. 

Hang on slim, someone started this ridiculous thread and I was among the many who responded.  It's absurd to suggest she could compete with any world class male wrestler, and I made a comment that she couldn't compete with much younger male wrestlers, let alone Burroughs.

You chime in with your sarcastic (shocking!) comment, and I'm being passive aggressive?  What's a "Josh Mckenzie" card, and how does one "play it".

I gave an example of at least one young kid, roughly the same size, that would demolish her.  

You're entitled to your (wrong) opinion.  Don't call me a troll, when you can't seem to stay out of arguments on these boards.

I am willing to put money down that those saying a middle school kid would "rag doll" her would get ragdolled themselves. She is a world champion in the best shape of her life, most of us are an assortment of over the hill Al Bundys with delusions that we can still hang. There are exceptions of course but come on, get real.

Edit: Not worth it.

Don't feed the trolls. They never do anything wrong or say anything disrespectful about others. 

Jason,  someone disagreeing with you doesn't immediately become a "troll" because their opinion differs from yours.

I stated clearly that she should be proud of her accomplishments vs her peers, but when people lose all sense of reality and hint that she's a peer of a Jordan Burroughs, it's ludicrous.

Women compete v other women, not against males, for obvious reasons.  Their physical shortcomings are the obvious reason, but watch video of the women at the highest level and their technique is generally poor.  I won't get into "naming names", but watch the quality of set ups and shots.  Poor.  You see better technique among elite MS and HS athletes.

Bottom line, there is a tiny fraction of women wrestling, so dominating a tiny field of competitors in what is practically a new sport is a far cry from being a world champion along the lines of a Jordan Burroughs.

To see comparisons is unfair to both.

I am willing to put money down that those saying a middle school kid would "rag doll" her would get ragdolled themselves. She is a world champion in the best shape of her life, most of us are an assortment of over the hill Al Bundys with delusions that we can still hang. There are exceptions of course but come on, get real.

That's irrelevant to the conversation, perhaps you are right.

I would like to make a couple points:

1.  Look, I think this thread is ridiculous to compare the same weight woman vs a man.  Burroughs vs Gray is crazy and I think(hope) everyone knows it.  However, it may be similar to high school fans who think their favorite HS athlete is going to dominate in DI(Jersey fans are notorious for this).

2.  Jason(and I love your work!) calling NJWC passive aggressive is right on.....although maybe a little bit like the "pot calling the kettle black" LOL.

3.  I actually somewhat agree with NJWC that I wouldn't think it would be that crazy of a notion to believe a male high schooler (middle school might be pushing it but I watched Marstellar as an 8th grader) could beat a Adaline Gray.  Look at the kids coming out of junior high in the last few years....Snyder, Marstellar, Haines, Lee, Mcintosh....these kids are competing with D1 bound seniors right away as true freshman.