Sign in to follow this  
LJB

one reason he is the best in the world...

Synder has 24 pounds on Sadulaev. How exactly is this anything other than a theoretical matchup? If Snyder dropped down, maybe. But Synder was not that wonderful at 197 last year. In fact, McIntosh dominated him and Gadson ragdolled him.

I'm not seeing this.

screw eligibilty... this is the type of stuff that would could really help bring wrestling to a higher place in the social consciousness

No, no it wouldn't.  Wrestling is where it is because wrestling is what it is, and what it is isn't very entertaining, understandable, or easily monetized.  Pitting world champions against each other won't change that.  

wrestling is growing in popularity... i have seen the difference on a youth level in just the few years i have been involved... the poplularity of MMA is spurring growth... a superstar matchup like this can be promoted and bring attention...

and if World's proved anything, real wrestling is entertaining...

the encouraging thing is both wrestlers agreed to it immediately...

of course, it is just the google webs and i am sure someone else might have a say in the matter, but, this is the kind of **** wrestling needs... 

My respect just way up for Sadulaev for his trash talking.  Not sure he could back it up, but i would not bet against him.

From his twitter:

Sadulaev Abdulrashid retweeted Willie Saylor

Anytime, Anywhere. I'll come and make it 10:0.

Sadulaev Abdulrashid added,

Willie Saylor @WillieAtFLO
. @Sadulaev_ I'll pay you to come to America and wrestle Snyder

Edited by Jim L

Synder has 24 pounds on Sadulaev. How exactly is this anything other than a theoretical matchup? If Snyder dropped down, maybe. But Synder was not that wonderful at 197 last year. In fact, McIntosh dominated him and Gadson ragdolled him.

I'm not seeing this.

He and McIntosh split last year. And yeah, after two minutes of getting pushed around by Kyle, Gadson rag dolled him when he got a bit eager on a single leg and got out of position. Kinda hard to peak and win every match against older people in a roughly 50 match season, taking into account college and two freestyle season. Kyle doesnt' get much time off and those losses are losses. But how do you discount the beatings of McIntosh, J'den Cox, Schiller a few times, Bergman, Varner multiple times, winning Pan Ams& Beat the Streets & the Us Open....then winning Gold in the world?  The two losses stick out over THAT? No freshman in NCAA history has gone undefeated, not without a redshirt. Not wrestling through the NCAA. Unless Cox did it. And Snyder beat him.  

Edited by Fishhook

I believe Cox had two losses his freshman year before winning his NCAA title as a true freshman. Honestly, it's sad that people are trying to hold that against him. He had the guys to go out as a true freshman and made a tremendous run. There is a large difference between the NCAA season that seems to go on rather long considering how brutal it is on your body. I think that's one big difference between the US and the rest of the world - we like to wrestle a LOT of matches, where other national team members seem to do a few tournaments spread throughout the year. I would enjoy the match up, hopefully they're able to make this one happen.

I'm not seeing this.

thanks for informing us of his folkstyle results last year....yawn.