Sign in to follow this  
Hubbard

Kyle Snyder vs. Abdulrashid Sadulaev

i would have to go with sadulaev primarily because his ground game is light years away from snyder's... snyder rarely even attemtpted a turn while on top, so, he would have to take down sadulaev multiple times...

as stated several times over, sadulaev's gut will keep you up at night... one takedown or forced par terre and the match could be over right there

No one here thought Snyder would win gold.  He did.  He's phenomenal.  He's on an incredible trajectory.  Same can be said for Sadulaev but I'm going Snyder.  He's a freaking bear.  

Now, that said, what's up?  Is this actually going to happen?  Says who?

Alan Fried was one of the greatest high school wrestlers in American history.  He went up ten pounds, took on a tough PA champ and got his Ess kicked.  Size matters.  Snyder wins.  

I tend to agree with you. Again.  Snyder is going to be very hard for Sadulaev, mostly due to his low center of gravity, his height/ weight/ leverage advantage, as well as his punishing defense and low single.  

A few more matches to really show you what Silver-medal is referring to in the weight dept:  Arsen Fadzaev, possibly one of THE greats of all time, soe up to wrestle Kenny Monday and gets beat fairly handily. If you watch the match, Monday is WAY bigger and taller.  Sergei Belaglozov really struggled with John Smith's weight and Height advantage in their exhibition match.  The again marable went up and beat Burroughs a year or two ago. Still that was old best of 3 periods.

I think Sadualaev is more well-rounded. Better is awfully hard to throw down.  I love em both though. Snyder is obviously my guy, and I am really hoping Urban Meyer, a new buckeye wrestling fan, gives some praise or has Kyle talk to the team.  Since Kyle came to campus, the Football team has won the title, the Wrestling team tied for Big Ten, and won the NCAA, and Kyle won worlds. 

i don't just assume that snyder is that much bigger that sadulaev... sadulaev wants to move to 97... snyder is not a huge 97... i dont know their dimensions, but, sadulaev is not one bit worried judging by the quickness he scoffed at it... 

I tend to agree with you. Again.  Snyder is going to be very hard for Sadulaev, mostly due to his low center of gravity, his height/ weight/ leverage advantage, as well as his punishing defense and low single.  

A few more matches to really show you what Silver-medal is referring to in the weight dept:  Arsen Fadzaev, possibly one of THE greats of all time, soe up to wrestle Kenny Monday and gets beat fairly handily. If you watch the match, Monday is WAY bigger and taller.  Sergei Belaglozov really struggled with John Smith's weight and Height advantage in their exhibition match.  The again marable went up and beat Burroughs a year or two ago. Still that was old best of 3 periods.

I think Sadualaev is more well-rounded. Better is awfully hard to throw down.  I love em both though. Snyder is obviously my guy, and I am really hoping Urban Meyer, a new buckeye wrestling fan, gives some praise or has Kyle talk to the team.  Since Kyle came to campus, the Football team has won the title, the Wrestling team tied for Big Ten, and won the NCAA, and Kyle won worlds. 

To be fair, didn't Sergei come out of retirement for that exhibition to wrestle a prime JSmith?  Kenny Monday also beat Fadzayev in the Gold Medal match at that world championships, so it wasn't like he didn't have success up a weight, but I get your point

As a counter-example: Adam Saitiev went up a weight and absolutely demolished everyone.  It obviously depends on style.

Neither of them really relies on strength because they are so freaking good.

Would be quite a matchup

if makhov decides to wrestle freestyle at the olympics (I[m pretty sure he hinted at it becuase in an interview he said hes never beat the cuban (lopez) but has beaten the turk (akgul) before) do you think gatsalov goes down to 97, he could def challenge gadisov for the spot. snyder vs gatsalov rematch would be exciting