Sign in to follow this  
takedownartist

Jordan Burroughs Rules

I am a new Jordan Burroughs fan.

Although it took me many years to get on the bandwagon due to my other favorite wrestler(s) in the same weight class.

However I am now all in the JB bandwagon due to his work ethic, grace, poise and humble attitude.

Here is my take on Jordan Rules that only apply mostly to well Burroughs.

1. I do not have to hand fight to beat the best in the world because speed kills.

Please note he works incredibly hard to enhance his athleticism.

2. I do not have to fake shots because my first, second, third and fourth shots are all very scary real and can all score if you do not counter in nano seconds let alone a whole second

3. I do not have to worry about getting thrown because on your way to the tie up, I already have one or both of your legs. 

Can you add any other rules?

world class???

eeeeehhhhhhh...

Pretty sure it would be defined: a leg lace executed on world class athletes. 

So if he did it at Worlds, then it's world class. 

It would be harder to qualify it as Sadulaev type, but again, if he teched someone at Worlds with it, then it counts. 

Pretty sure it would be defined: a leg lace executed on world class athletes. 

So if he did it at Worlds, then it's world class. 

It would be harder to qualify it as Sadulaev type, but again, if he teched someone at Worlds with it, then it counts. 

that is some impressive justification...

I am a new Jordan Burroughs fan.

Although it took me many years to get on the bandwagon due to my other favorite wrestler(s) in the same weight class.

However I am now all in the JB bandwagon due to his work ethic, grace, poise and humble attitude.

Are you even American?

Additional rule: He has a golden smile. Even when he won bronze, he just lit up the podium with his beaming smile. A real positive force for American wrestling.

We'll yeah, if you are leg lacing world class wrestlers, you have a world class leg lace. Silly thing to argue about.

I like watching JB set up his doubles. Oftentimes, the other guy thinks he's in good position, but Burroughs shot is so fast and well executed it works anyway. Does JB have really long arms? If do, I bet that helps too.

We wrestle and are physically engaged when I want us to be, and only for as long as I want us to be.  Absolute master of controlling the action during a match.

That said, it's funny that people are going after the world-class leg lace, which is arguable...but not the Sadulaev type gut wrench, which is patently ridiculous.

to be honest, when i first read it, i thought they were comparing his leg lace to sadulaev's gut... once i realized my mistake, it seemed counter productive to even bring it up... either scenario is as silly as the other, but, fan is a derivative of fanatic, so, no one is going to change anyone's mind here...

You mentioned he works so hard.   He is on record as being a "part time" wrestler.   I'm sure he works hard in the part time though. 

He is the king of fake shots and reshots. 

He's one of my favorites as well

NOT TRUE and cut this bull out.  He never said he was "part time"  It's impossible to succeed at the level he does being "part time."  

Did he have MORE responsibilities THIS year?  No doubt (thank god he has stepped down).  But to call him a "part time" wrestler is a misnomer at best, insulting at worst.  

But its fine Cletus. Keep denigrating one of the world's best athletes because you think it makes you look cool.  

P.S. It does not.

He was pretty hobbled last year, yet still came away with bronze and made no excuse out of it. The discussion on theopenmat talked about Burroughs not having a huge repertoire of technique. Not sure I agree or not, I will say what he does have in his arsenal he works to perfection. Hence, another world title.

Yeah, should have worded my post a little differently. Still sticking with JB's world class leg lace.

A Sadulaev type gut wrench was a bit of a stretch - was just having some fun with the OP. Sadulaev has one of the best guts I've ever seen.