Sign in to follow this  
takedownartist

Jordan Burroughs Rules

So, let's summarize JB rules.

1. I only shoot double legs.

2. Therefore, I know no moves from the tie, I can't throw and I can't gutwrench. This makes me an incomplete wrestler.

3. Ah, and my leg lace is underclass.

4. When I'll lose my speed, I will be pretty much screwed.

5. Tsargush and Geduev talk smack about me, and they can beat me whenever they want.

6. No, it doesn't matter that their combined record against me is 1 win/4 losses. I'm just a lucky guy.

7. Sadulaev is God. He created the world from his Gutwrench.

JB in a nutshell, quick as a cat, will lace you from one end of the mat to the other, has a single and double that you can't stop. Doesn't use a gut wrench much, but hasn't needed it much either. I never implied he wasn't great. I only said his bag of tricks is not as deep because he does not need one.

NOT TRUE and cut this bull out.  He never said he was "part time"  It's impossible to succeed at the level he does being "part time."  

Did he have MORE responsibilities THIS year?  No doubt (thank god he has stepped down).  But to call him a "part time" wrestler is a misnomer at best, insulting at worst.  

But its fine Cletus. Keep denigrating one of the world's best athletes because you think it makes you look cool.  

P.S. It does not.

Ha Ha Ha

You are paranoid and delusional.   

He absolutely said that in a post finals match interview.   

You missed it, you are not aware of it, so you take offense reading it here.   Do some research and see for yourself.   I'm sure he meant no offense or disrespect to himself by saying that.   If anything, it could be construed as a bit arrogant, but lets cut him some slack, he just won the world championship and probably hadn't adequately rehearsed his post victory speech.   If he actually focuses on wrestling full time next year, he wont lose a match.   

Ha Ha Ha

You are paranoid and delusional.   

He absolutely said that in a post finals match interview.   

You missed it, you are not aware of it, so you take offense reading it here.   Do some research and see for yourself.   I'm sure he meant no offense or disrespect to himself by saying that.   If anything, it could be construed as a bit arrogant, but lets cut him some slack, he just won the world championship and probably hadn't adequately rehearsed his post victory speech.   If he actually focuses on wrestling full time next year, he wont lose a match.   

He never said he was "part time."  So please, do us all a favor, re-watch the interview, and points us to the EXACT TIME when he said he's a "part time" wrestler.  Guess what?  It doesn't exist.  What does exist is his admission that his life got more hectic and he had MORE on plate, got less sleep, but still got all of his workouts in.  What he found out, is that he cannot be a full-time Dad, Coach AND athlete and wrestle up to his standards.  

Here's the thing.  I've actually talked to Snyder about Burroughs workouts.  Want to guess how many he missed?

He never said he was "part time."  So please, do us all a favor, re-watch the interview, and points us to the EXACT TIME when he said he's a "part time" wrestler.  Guess what?  It doesn't exist.  What does exist is his admission that his life got more hectic and he had MORE on plate, got less sleep, but still got all of his workouts in.  What he found out, is that he cannot be a full-time Dad, Coach AND athlete and wrestle up to his standards.  

Here's the thing.  I've actually talked to Snyder about Burroughs workouts.  Want to guess how many he missed?

Snyder is in Lincoln?

I was there vhsalum.  He said part time wrestler.  Don't believe me, bury your head in the sand, it wont hurt my feelings.   If i get some free time this weekend I'll see if I can find it for you.  

I was there vhsalum.  He said part time wrestler.  Don't believe me, bury your head in the sand, it wont hurt my feelings.   If i get some free time this weekend I'll see if I can find it for you.  

So which is it?  "He absolutely said that in a post finals match interview."   OR You were "there" and "heard" him use the actual phrase "part time" ?

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Edited by vhsalum

Hmm...

Manning comes with a new plan everyday. (1:58)

Tyler Berger wrestles with him every single day. (15:25)

He wrestles with Bryan Snyder almost every day (15:40)

James Green on same schedule. (15:49)  So I'm guess James Green was a "part time" wrestler this year, too huh?

He's in a financial situation where his wife doesn't have to work and can stay home with his newborn. (20:38)

He ends the interview saying how he wants his son to "SEE" what success and hard work looks like.  

Damn.  What a part time guy.

I believe this is the quote you are looking for - he was trying to be the best wrestler in the world in his "spare time"

That is not the same as saying he was a "part time" wrestler.  There are a lot of hours in the day, and while he was pressed for time and, more importantly, attention.  He was a full-time athlete AND coach.  He just realized he couldn't do it any more.  It was just too much.  He didn't take time AWAY from his training, he was just too drained to keep that pace and be the "best wrestler in the world."

I just think you're a disrespectful ass-hat.  Wrestlers are capable of much more than most people.  Most people WOULD become "part time" with a schedule like his.  Burroughs didn't do that.

Thanks.  

I think you're splitting hairs now.   

If he can only manage to train in his spare time, (understandable, he's a full time husband, dad, coach, etc.) a reasonable person can conclude he isn't able to train as if it were his full time focus.   

I think the issue here is you just are not very bright and thus missed that I'm paying him a compliment.  The rest of us probably wouldn't be able to win a world championship with a part time training schedule, yet he managed just fine.