NYWRESTLER94

Flo pre season rankings

Personally, I think Moisey should be ahead of Gilman and behind Nico. 2nd place finish while whooping Gilman's ass should get him the number 3 ranking - not that it particularly matters.

Personally, I think Flo does a good job taking into account a wrestlers body of work and not just 1 tournament or match when doing these. 

One could easily argue with 13 loses, which includes 2 to Klimara and 1 to Dance, Moisey at 4 is generous.

But who cares really? Moisey will have plenty of chances to prove his NCAA run was not just 1 good weekend.

Also, while I am sure this is not in any company memo at Flo, part of their culture is to stir people up a little. It doesn't get any better than ranking the hated Gilman above the beloved Moisey who stuck him in a high profile match.

Edited by OtisCampbell

It doesn't get any better than ranking the hated Gilman above the beloved Moisey who stuck him in a high profile match.

By "stuck" do you mean "took him down quickly, got right back in on a leg when he escaped, pulled him back onto the mat when he was trying to work his way out of bounds and then muscled him over with a nearside cradle for a 52-second fall"?

I agree with ranking Gilman higher because of his body of work, but you should avoid using verbs that make it sound like there was something vaguely fluky about Moisey's win. They met on the big stage with a lot at stake, and Moisey crushed him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oy8J-npi9I

He is one of the more die hard PSU fans that post on here.  Of COURSE he wants you to be more descriptive when something negative happened to an Iowa wrestler......When you weren't, he took it upon himself to do so!

I don't remember ever associating anything fluky with "stuck".  That word was as synonymous with being clearly pinned as it gets when I wrestled.

Edited by MSU158

Last week I told a grade school wrestler to never go from single leg to cradle like that, because against the best guys that usually loses you a takedown. I really hope he doesn't find this match. 

I don't agree with your assessment especially in this particular situation.

The defensive wrestler is holding tight to an ankle-whizzer and lowering his head. That is the exact time you immediately move to a cradle. If the head is up or the defensive wrestler is turning in you don't but if he stays low and rotated out you make him pay and pay big-time.  

Last week I told a grade school wrestler to never go from single leg to cradle like that, because against the best guys that usually loses you a takedown. I really hope he doesn't find this match. 

Better also hope he doesn't find this:

And, can't speak for youth rules, but in some age groups the cradle is considered control and thus secures the takedown.

Better also hope he doesn't find this:

And, can't speak for youth rules, but in some age groups the cradle is considered control and thus secures the takedown.

Dang. Maybe the kids dad is right and I actually don't know what I'm talking about. That'll show me. 

Edit: I watched the clip more closely, and it seems like a slightly different situation than the Gilman one. 

Edited by GranbyTroll