Sign in to follow this  
skikayaker

SOUTHERN SCUFFLE

Martinez (Air Force) over Thorn at 125 SV 13-9

Anybody watch this live ? What happened?

Martinez jumped out to a quick lead, two quick takedowns and then a weird turn for two (I don't know what Thorn was doing in the back point exchange? He acted like he was in a takedown scramble, but he was on bottom). Down 6-1 then started a takedown clinic to tie it up. Another scramble in OT and Martinez trapped him on his back when he was trying to funk roll the leg.

Martinez (Air Force) over Thorn at 125 SV 13-9

Anybody watch this live ? What happened?

Martinez jumped out to a quick lead, two quick takedowns and then a weird turn for two (I don't know what Thorn was doing in the back point exchange? He acted like he was in a takedown scramble, but he was on bottom). Down 6-1 then started a takedown clinic to tie it up. Another scramble in OT and Martinez trapped him on his back when he was trying to funk roll the leg.

Thanks. Wow, I would have liked to have seen that start to see Thorn taken down twice right out of the chute. Nice win for Martinez.

PSU has six in the semis and a team score of 102.

Leading scorers are:

Ed Ruth with 17.0

David Taylor 15.5

Matt Brown 15.0

MN has seven in the semis and a team score of 94.

Leading Scorers are:

Logan Storley 13.5

Kevin Steinhouse 13.5

Nelson/C. Dardanes 12

OSU has six in the semis with a team score of 89.5.

Leading Scorers are:

Alan Gelogaev 14.0

Jordan Oliver 13.5

Dieringer/Perry 13.0

It says also that OSU lost a team point.

[table][tr][td]Unsportsmanlike Conduct Bout 472[/td][td]-1.00[/td][/tr][/table]

OSU did lose a team point when Chewy spiked his headgear. This is a curious move because if he could beat Larson in the first place he'd probably be at MU and not OSU.

ah, I wondered what the point was about. Is that a automatic deduction or does it have to be pretty bad to get hit?

OSU did lose a team point when Chewy spiked his headgear. This is a curious move because if he could beat Larson in the first place he'd probably be at MU and not OSU.

ah, I wondered what the point was about. Is that a automatic deduction or does it have to be pretty bad to get hit?

Most refs use their discretion. It's not a rule per se, but falls under stuff that may be considered unsportsmanlike conduct. Toss your headgear to your corner after a match, it'll usually be ignored. Slam it on the mat in front of the ref (like Chionuma did) and you'll get banged. I was sitting close by and everyone around me knew that call was coming - way to obvious for the ref to ignore.

How was the Brown/Storley match before the pin?

Following it on trackwrestling(so take the scores with a grain of salt) but it was 2-0 Storley before the fall occurred.

0-0 brown riding in the second

storley starts a scramble from bottom and ends up with brown in deep trouble...whole sequence happened very quickly

How was the Brown/Storley match before the pin?

Following it on trackwrestling(so take the scores with a grain of salt) but it was 2-0 Storley before the fall occurred.

0-0 brown riding in the second

storley starts a scramble from bottom and ends up with brown in deep trouble...whole sequence happened very quickly

Thanks for the correction. That's why I said to take the score with a grain of salt. lol

Well Penn State certainly distanced themselves from the pack heading into the consi-semis. (scores as listed on trackwrestling, I believe they are completely up to date heading into the consi-semis)

PSU 150.5

OSU 130

MN 127.5

Cornell 117.5

Mizzou 111