Sign in to follow this  
Cletus_Tucker

Hendricks hospitalized, out against Woodley

Johny Hendricks had a terrible weight cut Thursday night,and was rushed to the hospital as a result.   Word is he failed to properly prepare and shed the fat, thus showing up 20 pounds over and then tried to sweat it off.   It didn't work and he was promptly disqualified for Saturday night's spectacle.   

Dana White (who you can't believe a thing that comes out of his mouth) stated he believes Johny will have to fight at middle weight from now on.   It really is a shame.   Hendricks hardly takes his career serious, just shows up fat and out of shape, and yet still has managed to win a world title and run Georges St. Pierre out of MMA after the beating he put on him.  One scratches their head and wonders how good he might be if he actually focused on a clean diet and made a commitment to cage fighting.   

The current champion is a wrestler (Robbie Lawler) and the next title shot has been said goes to Tyrone Woodley,  (another wrestler). 

It will be interesting to see where Hendricks goes from here.   Can he get his eating under control, or is he done with fighting at 170? 

All reports I've read (heasshuck's one among them) said he got a kidney stone and that created the problem that forced him to the hospital. While the stone may have been created though a poorly planned diet during the weight cut process, it sounds like the sudden medical issue was what prevented him from finiahing the cut more than anything. Since this was his first miss and it's a medical thing beside purely dehydration, I'm not sure you can chalk this up to purely missing weight. Though the process maybe somewhat of a wake up call to do a better job with the weight plan the next time around.

Hendricks has always struggled with weight... Laimon nick named him the Baconator years ago... he likes to eat and balloons up way to much between fights... he got rid of dolce and decided to "handle" his own weight... last fight he walked into camp at 195... this camp he came in at 215... his whole job is to make weight and he blew it because he cant put down the food... add in all the whining and i am done with him... he will get straight merked by any of the top 85ers... 

and i would hardly label lawler a wrestler... yeah, he wrestled in high school, but, he lamps fools... that is all he has ever done in fighting... you can't take him down, but, that is as far as his wrestling goes in MMA...  

Hendricks has always struggled with weight... Laimon nick named him the Baconator years ago... he likes to eat and balloons up way to much between fights... he got rid of dolce and decided to "handle" his own weight... last fight he walked into camp at 195... this camp he came in at 215... his whole job is to make weight and he blew it because he cant put down the food... add in all the whining and i am done with him... he will get straight merked by any of the top 85ers... 

and i would hardly label lawler a wrestler... yeah, he wrestled in high school, but, he lamps fools... that is all he has ever done in fighting... you can't take him down, but, that is as far as his wrestling goes in MMA...  

What makes Lawler a wrestler is the culture he grew up in.  

whether he chooses to be an offensive wrestler in MMA or not, is besides the point.  

Without the wrestling background, Lawler would not be champion.   Like Liddel, Rampage, and others, they are wrestlers who fight primarily standing.  

had he grown up wrestling as a child, i might agree with you... he didn't... he started wrestling in high school

the reason he is a champion is because pat took him in when he was 16... that gym laid the foundation for what lawler is right now... 

don't get all whiney on me... you are just wrong, it happens to most...

he originally started karate as a kid... wrestled a few years in high school... played football in high school as well... then went straight to MMA out of high school... his MMA style has always been striking... 

you could just as easy say that without that football background, he would never be champ... or substitute football with some McDojo... 

don't get all whiney on me... you are just wrong, it happens to most...

he originally started karate as a kid... wrestled a few years in high school... played football in high school as well... then went straight to MMA out of high school... his MMA style has always been striking... 

you could just as easy say that without that football background, he would never be champ... or substitute football with some McDojo... 

He was a 2 time state placer in high school, eclipsing what many accomplish who start out as kids.   

His mentor and main training partner was Matt Hughes, for years.   

Sure you could say the above if you actually believed it, that would be your opinion.   

I don't know much about his football background, but he could very well be of the mentality that he's a football player at heart.   Mark Schultz was a gymnast atheart (perhaps why your criteria excludes him form being a wrestler).   

Robbie Lawler has stated he is ofa wrestlers mentality.   

I think the reason you're defensive because you feel threatened for some reason.   No idea why, but I hope you feel better. 

threatened?

come on... your internet trick are not gonna work on me... you are wrong, you will get over it... it make take some time, but, you will be a better person because of it...

these are not the droids you are looking for...

BTW, i never listed a criteria... those are your words