closer617

COULD PICO BE A 4X UNDEFEATED NCAA CHAMP...IF HE GOES TO COLLEGE

Winning 4 without a redshirt is more impressive than going undefeated and Pico has already done the equivalent of a few redshirts

Probably falling for something here- but you don't redshirt until you can start college. He would be a HS senior this year. He just turned 19.

I wonder if Pico would be a 149 or 157 pounder if he did go the NCAA route (which we all know he can't anymore). At 149 I think he would do it no problem. The field at 149 is pretty weak, and I think his only challenger would be Retherford, who is something like 0-6 against Pico and has scored maybe one takedown in those 6 matches. 157 Sr. iMar vs. Pico would be interesting, though. I think I'd have to take Pico, though.

Here's a useful analogy. Snyder is reigning world champ and NCAA runner up. Does anyone think he will go undefeated for the next three seasons? If the answer is no then I have a hard time believing Pico would be an auto-4x-undefeated NCAA champ.

PS I think the original poster already knew Pico was not eligible to wrestle college. 

PPS If you don't like my analogy, here's a different question. If Sadulaev moved to the US, found NCAA eligibility and had one year to learn folkstyle, could he be a 4x undefeated champ?

PPS If you don't like my analogy, here's a different question. If Sadulaev moved to the US, found NCAA eligibility and had one year to learn folkstyle, could he be a 4x undefeated champ?

I'll take the bait. Yes. I think he's that much of a freak and would be untouchable from the feet.

I'll take the bait. Yes. I think he's that much of a freak and would be untouchable from the feet.

Style is different and he would not be as unbeatable from the feet with the counter-offense (funk) that has developed at the college level. On top of that eventually somebody is going to choose top and he'll be toast. Eventual champ probably, 4X champ highly unlikely, undefeated not a chance. 

Style is different and he would not be as unbeatable from the feet with the counter-offense (funk) that has developed at the college level. On top of that eventually somebody is going to choose top and he'll be toast. Eventual champ probably, 4X champ highly unlikely, undefeated not a chance. 

I disagree, obviously, His TDs would absolutely work in college and would squish 184 or 197 lbers like grape.

Zahid Valencia was one then lost as a Sophomore before wining two more. Just saying,

well, there has only been one Cali 4Xer... i'm not saying he would have been undefeated in college or anything silly like that. or even a for sure 4Xer, but barring injury, he surely would have been an all timer... 

well, there has only been one Cali 4Xer... i'm not saying he would have been undefeated in college or anything silly like that. or even a for sure 4Xer, but barring injury, he surely would have been an all timer... 

Cisneros was a Fresh and Soph champ before loosing  as a Jr. He ended up with three and never even cracked the lineup in college.

Not saying anything about Pico just that high school results can be deceiving. Sometimes they are a great indicator but not always. 

there are any number of examples either way...

i just think that Pico has shown nothing that would you make you believe that he would not have had a successful D1 career...

seeing as though this whole thread is make believe... i fully believe Pico would have been the first 5X NCAA champ... a record surely to have never been broken...

he still made the correct decision to walk towards a greater glory...

Cisneros was a Fresh and Soph champ before loosing  as a Jr. He ended up with three and never even cracked the lineup in college.

Not saying anything about Pico just that high school results can be deceiving. Sometimes they are a great indicator but not always. 

Cisneros won CA State as a Frosh, Soph and Junior. He was 2nd as a Sr.

As good as Pico is, he hasn't been training for Folkstyle mat wrestling in how many years?  Even our World Champion Kyle Snyder had his issues on the mat. 4XAA very likely.  1X or 2X Champ, again, likely.  Undefeated 4X Champ, I would have bet my lifetime earning against...................

i just think that Pico has shown nothing that would you make you believe that he would not have had a successful D1 career...

Everything we've seen from Pico makes us think he would have had a successful D1 career. No doubt he would have had a successful D1 career, the question is could he have been a Cael sanderson. 

yes

in fact, he would have gone undefeated, become the first 5Xer, and would have wrestled every match while simultaneously balancing a tea cup set on his head...

it really would have been magical...