Sign in to follow this  
ColumbusBuckeyes

Ohio State's Projected Lineup

I always felt Courts was a huge 184; just can't see him dropping to 174. If anything, figured he was going up with Martin possibly taking his spot. 

The talk is Courts staying at 184 not dropping to 174 if courts can make 184 then they hope that Myles Martin can make the drop to 174 and BoJo go back to 165.If that plan comes together and Micah makes 141 they will be right there to win it again 

Edited by justafan

Come March if there lineup is 

125 Tomasello (Returning champ like his chances)

133 Dijulius(Should AA this year)

141 Micah(If hes here come March he will be right there with the top guys)

149 Hunter(If healthy he can beat anyone AA )

157 Ryan/Burcher(Will be a weight they hope to qualify)

165 BoJo(Can see him in finals again)

174 Myles Martin (If they decide hes ready then I would say 2-2)

184 Courts(Look for him to battle for top 6 spot)

197 Mark Martin(Could AA at this weight)

Hwt Tavenello(If healthy he has shown in the past he has AA potential)

I see them right there in the mix with that lineup

Edited by justafan

Come March if there lineup is 

125 Tomasello (Returning champ like his chances)

133 Dijulius(Should AA this year)

141 Micah(If hes here come March he will be right there with the top guys)

149 Hunter(If healthy he can beat anyone AA )

157 Ryan/Burcher(Will be a weight they hope to qualify)

165 BoJo(Can see him in finals again)

174 Myles Martin (If they decide hes ready then I would say 2-2)

184 Courts(Look for him to battle for top 6 spot)

197 Mark Martin(Could AA at this weight)

Hwt Tavenello(If healthy he has shown in the past he has AA potential)

I see them right there in the mix with that lineup

That's a good lineup that can repeat even with losing Logan and Snyder. I'd rather see Myles Martin redshirt and Bo Jordan stay at 174 and run the table. Why would he make a massive cut just to have to face his old teammate and cousin Issac and the best college wrestler Deringer? Unless he's on his own Vision Quest

Early season dual at Mizzou:

125 Tomasello v. McGhee - Tomasello is a wrecking ball, I think McGhee keeps it to a decision, but I'll give a major.  OSU 4 MU 0

133 DiJulius v. Synon - DiJulius by dec.  OSU 7 MU 0

141 Jordan/Hayes v. Mayes  - Mayes by mdec. OSU 7 MU 4

149 Ryan/Burcher v. Lavallee - Lavallee by dec. OSU 7 MU 7

157 Ryan/Burcher v. Lemanowicz - Toss up, go with OSU.  OSU 10 MU 7

165 Kresevic/Williams v. Lewis - Lewis by fall.  OSU 10 MU 13

174 Jordan v. Butler - I'll give it to Jordan, but look for the upset.  OSU 13 MU 13

184 Courts/Rozema v. Miklus - Courts would keep it to a dec, Rozema won't.  OSU 13 MU 16

197 Courts/Moore v. Cox - Courts keeps it close, Moore doesn't.  OSU 13 MU 20

HWT Tavenello v. Romero - Tavanello by dec.  OSU 16 MU 20

Lots of question marks for OSU, but I think anyway you slice it, MU takes this one early on.  March might be a different story.

Mizzou as always looks great as a dual team. even if Kyle Snyder was in the line up this season I could see Mizzou coming out ahead.

125: Tomasello is too much, and I have a feeling he is going to be an even bigger buzz saw this season. Major 4-0 tOSU

133: DiJulius will win it here, but probably not with bonus. 7-0 tOSU

141: Mayes should beat either Jordan or Hayes, but both guys are studs in their own right. I would give Mayes the winner, but only by a decision. 7-3 tOSU (wouldn't be too surprised if Mayes were to lose actually)

149: LaValle at 149 really interests me. He was always on the bubble at 157 and a little undersized, so I think he could challenge for an AA spot this season (6-8 range). He takes it here by Dec. 7-6 tOSU. Any word on how Leeth does against LaValle? Could he be the starter instead?

157: Dunno here, but I'll give it to tOSU. 10-6 tOSU

165: Lewis should win here, and likely by bonus. 10-10

174: Now here is the main bout IMO. I think Jordan should win this, but Butler will be a great early test to see if he can win it all at 174 (I think he can/will if he stays here). Jordan by dec, but could definitely go in Butler's favor. 13-10 tOSU

184: I really like Miklus, so I'm going to pick him. Could be bonus if Courts isn't in. 13-13

197: Cox by a very dominant decision 16-13 Mizzou

285: Tavanello by dec. 16-16

I think bonus points may be the decider here. This is a very competitive dual again this year on paper. I might have to make the trek to Mizzou to see this one play out.

I think this will be a tale of two seasons for Ohio State. The early portion of the season will have a hit-and-miss line-up. This will restrict fans (or us onlookers) from getting a good sense of what the team is capable of. I suspect as the conference event draws near, the coaching staff will make decisions to put the team in place to maximize points.

I just do not see the best line-up Ohio State can muster cracking the top three in MSG. PSU, Oklahoma State, and even Iowa appear to be the front-runners.

In the second half of last season, Kenny Courts learned that he could be trailing and win. 

TOSU fans should have big hopes for him this season, while opposing fans don't.

If i remember correctly, he had a very poor Big Ten tournament and barely qualified prior to shocking everyone and making the semifinals. It's a bit misleading to say he learned this in the second half of the season.  Maybe he has found something that he previously did not have, but he wouldn't be the first person to surprise in the NCAA tournament and then come back to reality the following year. 

If i remember correctly, he had a very poor Big Ten tournament and barely qualified prior to shocking everyone and making the semifinals. It's a bit misleading to say he learned this in the second half of the season.  Maybe he has found something that he previously did not have, but he wouldn't be the first person to surprise in the NCAA tournament and then come back to reality the following year. 

Absolutely there will be many doubters. No problem.

My personal opinion is that he won a mental battle against fatigue and it showed in his later competition third periods and overtime, but especially compared to last year. I fully expect he will build on that and be even better this coming season. I'm content if only a few have the same opinion, since I may have a bad read on the whole situation. We shall see.

Funny thing is, by going back to look at the brackets, I just ran across Gulibon's B1G results.  He lost 3X as well.  Funny thing is he gets lauded as much improved(obviously due to his Tournament performance), goes up a weight class and "deserves" being ranked #1.  Courts has VERY similar results and is still doubted by a large majority.  Funny how that works..................

Funny thing is, by going back to look at the brackets, I just ran across Gulibon's B1G results.  He lost 3X as well.  Funny thing is he gets lauded as much improved(obviously due to his Tournament performance), goes up a weight class and "deserves" being ranked #1.  Courts has VERY similar results and is still doubted by a large majority.  Funny how that works..................

This happens every year to somebody. Internet prognostication at its finest. 

Although I agree that BoJo is clearly better than Butler, "weight" is a great equalizer at the DI level.  If 174 is a legitimate fit for BoJo, he should win comfortably.  But, if he ends up being a 165lber comfortably wrestling 174, don't be surprised if he doesn't have the success many would expect..........

I know many on here hate weight cutting and preach get bigger and work on technique, but "healthy" weight management beats "get bigger and concentrate on technique" more than you realize...............

Devin Carter would be a great example of this!

Edited by MSU158

Butler is terrific and I think it's a big mistake for anyone to assume BoJo will dominate him.  BoJo was very good at NCAA's but had some close matches during the season.  He may pick up right where he left off....but he may not.  It doesn't always happen that way.  And it's a dual...where anything can happen.