Sign in to follow this  
Realisticfan

Scuffle commentators shouldn't

I subscribed to Flo Wrestling for the Scuffle. The coverage has been outstanding as well as the feed. I have been listening to Mat 3 for about a half hour now and still can't believe their discussions. I have to believe they have no idea they can be heard on air. I'm not goin to type at length but just tell the general topics in no certain order. Jackson hasn't improved and they wouldn't be surprised if ISU drops wrestling. Terry Brands wants a head job and will be selective but doesn't work well with administration. Gable had to get involved when they removed Zaleski and Zaleski didn't plan on the Iowa job being full time (not sure what this meant). Doesn't seem too bad until you hear it all, and most of this should not be being said on air. Someone needs to tell them to shut up. Lots about the Brands temperment and how they hurt the sport. Unbelievable.

Just wanted to set the record straight, I was only on mat 3 for the quarters. There was a HS kid filming all day and the conversation you more than likley heard was guys on press row where the camera was located talking wrestling news and politics. I don't wanna call anyone out but the guy sitting next to the camera works for a company that rhyms with Den Wagazine.

For the quarters comment, no I'm not drunk and yes I'm that way all the time. Deal with it or hit mute.

Cliff Fretwell

Love the commentating by You and Roper. Always high energy, knowledgable and humorous. Keep on keeping on.

You must be kidding! I actually turn down the volume and go to Penn State all-access audio commentary while watching the FLO video. The open mic comments, so called humor, screaming into the mic , talking over the top of each other and rumbling on of the FLO annoucers is totally unprofessional. They need to listen to some of the Penn state announcers and take notes...PSU announcer is very professional and gives information such as how many each team has in the finals , stats and so forth. FLOs video coverage is excellent and so are the new graphics and software which allows you to go to mat to mat (except it doesn't show the college of each wrestler just their name). FLO could really be on to something I would pay for more frequently if their audio commentary was professionally done, I don't mean to be harsh on anyone, the guys at FLO are GREAT people who obviously love wrestling; but this is just my opinion.

Love the commentating by You and Roper. Always high energy, knowledgable and humorous. Keep on keeping on.

You must be kidding! I actually turn down the volume and go to Penn State all-access audio commentary while watching the FLO video. The open mic comments, so called humor, screaming into the mic , talking over the top of each other and rumbling on of the FLO annoucers is totally unprofessional. They need to listen to some of the Penn state announcers and take notes...PSU announcer is very professional and gives information such as how many each team has in the finals , stats and so forth. FLOs video coverage is excellent and so are the new graphics and software which allows you to go to mat to mat (except it doesn't show the college of each wrestler just their name). FLO could really be on to something I would pay for more frequently if their audio commentary was professionally done, I don't mean to be harsh on anyone, the guys at FLO are GREAT people who obviously love wrestling; but this is just my opinion.

I kinda agree here as well. More "data" and less screaming, yelling etc ... It's fine to get excited, and don't loose that energy ...YET, way over the top in many situations.

the flow commentary is always horrible

if it werent for the fact they are practically the only source of wrestling video i would never watch

i would guess most people endure it because it is the only way to get wrestling video

you dont have to tell me to deal with it or hit mute since i know i will deal with it until there is another service and i actually tell the ulive folks that do college coverage in house at schools to keep doing it and dont let flow in since they give me a headache and i have to watch in silence.

give me a professional that doesnt jump around and shout and i will give you a few dollars more

I think FLO's perspective is that they don't want to behave like mainstream sports news outlets...they want to change things up and be different. They're still evolving and getting better. I'm sure they will converge at something better.

I have to admit, however, that I currently prefer listening to Jeff Byers radio broadcasts over the FLO commentary.

I guess I better acknowledge that I was initially talking about the voices that could be heard on air. I would guess that they were not the commentators but a couple men sitting close that could be heard. They did seem to be in the know since they made many references such as, "when I talked to Gable", or "Cael said" etc. Sorry, I didn't mean to demean the commentators, I just assumed it was them talking at the time. Thinking back, these two never addressed any of the matches during that time period. If it was media personnel, like posted above, it was very unprofessional.

Come on...if you are looking for professional mature, accurate wrestling commentary, everyone knows FLO is far from that. They cater their coverage to the immature audience. They do little research, constantly pronounce names wrong and are partial to certain individuals and teams.

Having said that, Ive been a paid member for 4 years and have certainly got my money's worth.

Come on...if you are looking for professional mature, accurate wrestling commentary, everyone knows FLO is far from that. They cater their coverage to the immature audience. They do little research, constantly pronounce names wrong and are partial to certain individuals and teams.

Having said that, Ive been a paid member for 4 years and have certainly got my money's worth.

Yes, first to market has worked well for them since most people still compare paying for flo to not getting any coverage just a few years ago. I have to assume they have now monetized their model since they have added ads like crazy, expanded the use of paywalls, and reduced their coverage. As a result, I think it is fair to demand a much better product from them. Flo has outgrown the guys that use to donate their time and do it for nothing and now that there is a revenue stream and people are paying for the service, they should have professionals.

No media outlet will ever be perfect. Flowrestling HAS DONE AMAZING THINGS FOR THE SPORT. Go back to the pre-flo days and we would be relying on laggy livesportsvideo covering two events a year that you HAD to pay for. I understand the grumblings with the difficulty with unsubscribing, and paying for events but technique wave is worth it. The coverage of the scuffle was worth the price alone. Enjoy the coverage, provide criticism but lets be serious about how far flo has brought the sport. I also personally enjoy the commentating, they are not professionals but they do a good job and I don't think they are getting paid that much if anything at all. People will find a reason to complain about anything.

The question is, is this lack of professionalism hurting the growth of our sport. We all must remember that we are trying to build college wrestling. The only way we do that is with the backing of the AD and the trustees. Is this type of communication the type that sells our sport to these professionals

Flowrestling has revolutionized our sport. Without them, Wrestling would likely still be in the dark ages.

i got to watch the Scuffle and the beast and Midlands. I can deal.

Agree.

We get such little exposure and people want to kill the biggest outlet we have.

MY SCUFFLE STORY:

Watched it live at work a little and logged in on 2 different computers at work for the semis.

Raced home to watch the FINALS, and couldn't log in because I was still logged in at work.

No Dake/Taylor for me until this morning.