Sign in to follow this  
LongShot

Lawson

Absolutely no chance. Z is going to win the tourny. Lawson is a stud though and wrestles Varner in practice and this is his first live match against the best-in my opinion the best technical heavy. We will see where he is at. Z is a little undersized but that is his only problem. I think z wins it all this year. I have only seen Z get his but kicked once and that was against Varner a couple of years ago. Probably the most interesting match of the quarters along with Toal Vs Caldwell.

Lawson looked pretty athletic but at this point he is no match for Z or probably the other top 5 heavys but he is certainly not afraid to mix it up. He needs to figure out how to finish a move as he hit a few on Z but could not finish one hence the final score. He is a big strong kid and with more practice and experience he could certainly be a contender next year.

Lawson is on the up and up. He still isn't mounting much offense at practice and that's a concern. He's athletic for sure but Gingrich is more athletic than the casual bystander would assume also. Hopefully one of them starts trusting their abilities and start attacking.

Big Z was the absolute worst match up I could imagine for a fresh Lawson.

Lawson is on the up and up. He still isn't mounting much offense at practice and that's a concern. He's athletic for sure but Gingrich is more athletic than the casual bystander would assume also. Hopefully one of them starts trusting their abilities and start attacking.

Big Z was the absolute worst match up I could imagine for a fresh Lawson.

I think Z is everyone's worst matchup.

Lawson will be tough next year. Z reminds me of Steve Neal. Only smaller. My gosh if he can add about 20 good lbs he will be unbeatable. Very rare to see a heavy make more throws than a 125 pounder! I can not see Z losing again but he does give up 40lbs to the top 2 Nelson and Bradley. We will see today!

Did anyone see his last match?

He was up 7-4 I believe, then Lawson rolls through for a reversal and appears to have his opponent in trouble. Then there was a timeout and Lawson is only awarded 1 point, then he is back on bottom???

The video got choppy from here, but it seemed like they stopped the match early. Score on twitter said 11-7 which is what it should have been, but Trackwrestling now lists a pin for Lawson @6:11

WTH was going on here?

I'd say Lawson had a good tourney and was not that far off from Gelo in the match I witnessed. He hits that same throw on everyone and it is a beaut. If you hit a single you better be ready for it. I thought Lawson wrestled him pretty tough otherwise.

Two-six, I thought Lawson got a tuff break from the ref, he rolled Cooper and it looked to me he was going to get 2 and backs(maybe a fall), but Cooper hurt his elbow. The ref called an escape, the PSU coaches were not happy with the refs call saying should have been two and backs immenent. But ref said he called injury so only 1. Then Lawson chose down(inj to Cooper-Lawson choice).

Two-six, I thought Lawson got a tuff break from the ref, he rolled Cooper and it looked to me he was going to get 2 and backs(maybe a fall), but Cooper hurt his elbow. The ref called an escape, the PSU coaches were not happy with the refs call saying should have been two and backs immenent. But ref said he called injury so only 1. Then Lawson chose down(inj to Cooper-Lawson choice).

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I don't see how it's possibly 1 in that situation, it was clear reversal. Oh well, good win.