Sign in to follow this  
closer617

Next man up for penn st.

the young men from psu are doing a great job. They all stepped up

I think you jinxed them. Conaway and Gulibon both just lost in the quarters.

Now both English and Frey lose at 149. Please throw that home run ball back out of the stands!

All these freshmen are pretty good and can compete at a high level already was what he was saying. It is obvious that PSU can and most likely will continue the dominance after this year when Ruth and Wright leave.

Q and Pearsall are the only starters who will leave. Ruth and Taylor are juniors.

All these freshmen are pretty good and can compete at a high level already was what he was saying. It is obvious that PSU can and most likely will continue the dominance after this year when Ruth and Wright leave.

Q and Pearsall are the only starters who will leave. Ruth and Taylor are juniors.

True. Even more sick. PSU just seeing what these new guys are doing for the first time just shows PSU has reloaded well. Looks like other teams will just have to play shotgun along with my badgers for another at least 4 years. In a cool way it is good that the Altons are out. Especially for Vollrath at 157.

True. Even more sick. PSU just seeing what these new guys are doing for the first time just shows PSU has reloaded well. Looks like other teams will just have to play shotgun along with my badgers for another at least 4 years.

What new guys? Lawson and Guillibon are really the only new guys wrestling today. Did they show you that much today, that you would predict 4 years out?

I was hoping this or next year would be it from their great 5 year class. They will get at least 4 in a row and maybe few more. I didn't think the new guys coming in could fill the holes but it appears they can and will with other guys we don't even know about yet. I mean they are going to win the scuffle without the Altons. Vollrath will probably be the champ at 157-so much for a lower finish there. Anyway I do not like dynasties but PSU is good for wrestling I think by shifting the power back east.

I was hoping this or next year would be it from their great 5 year class. They will get at least 4 in a row and maybe few more. I didn't think the new guys coming in could fill the holes but it appears they can and will with other guys we don't even know about yet. I mean they are going to win the scuffle without the Altons. Vollrath will probably be the champ at 157-so much for a lower finish there. Anyway I do not like dynasties but PSU is good for wrestling I think by shifting the power back east.

Ohio State will be a force to be reckoned with. Their next few classes look stronger than PSU.

Ohio State will be a force to be reckoned with. Their next few classes look stronger than PSU.

Don't sleep on Michigan either. They've gotten some good classes recently and are putting together a good one for 2013. I'm not saying they will beat PSU or tOSU but they are certainly going to make the Big 10 more interesting that's for sure the next few years.

It'll be better to wait until after the 3rd weekend in March before crowning this year's, let-alone 2014's, National Champs?

I want to see Penn State win as many as possible, but a lot of things can happen between now and NCAA's (this AND next season).

Happy New Year wrestlers, coaches, fans and family!

It'll be better to wait until after the 3rd weekend in March before crowning this year's, let-alone 2014's, National Champs?

I want to see Penn State win as many as possible, but a lot of things can happen between now and NCAA's (this AND next season).

Happy New Year wrestlers, coaches, fans and family!

+1

I will say though, if PSU can take the Scuffle without the Altons it doesn't bode well for anybody else come march. That is a big if with only six advanced in the semi-finals and MN and OSU breathing down their necks.

I just don't think the tournament today really showed us anything we already didn't know. If anything I think it showed that Gullibon has a long way to go and so does Lawson. And these guys were really the only "new" guys. Everyone knows that the 49 and 57 replacements are solid guys. But I'm guessing that Penn State fans themselves hope that the next couple weeks is the only time these two see the lineup in their careers.

I just don't think the tournament today really showed us anything we already didn't know. If anything I think it showed that Gullibon has a long way to go and so does Lawson. And these guys were really the only "new" guys. Everyone knows that the 49 and 57 replacements are solid guys. But I'm guessing that Penn State fans themselves hope that the next couple weeks is the only time these two see the lineup in their careers.

Dylan and Andrew are both absolutely critical, that's all there is too it. They are both point scoring machines and legitimate title threats.

What worries me is our recruiting for the future. Looking forward, yes we got Jimmy Guilibon. Zane Retherford should be legit, but I don't think as highly touted as PSU's recent top recruits. Thomas Haines has a ton of work to do. He's a beast and can develop, but a ton of technique needs to be developed. Snyder exposed him beyond. Chance Marsteller would be a monster pickup, the best of any recruits, but for some reason I am not thinking PSU gets him.

OSU on the other hand had a load of talent coming, it's scary.

I think Gulibon is doing just fine. A decent match against #7 Morrison while wrestling without cutting weight isnt too bad. He admits himself that he needs more work from the top position, which is why he is redshirting.

also not a bad showing from Zach Beitz and Luke Frey today, who didnt wrestle much last year with injuries.

PSU will be just fine the next few years.

PSU's other underclassmen are doing fine.

125 Nico is wrestling for 1st

133 Gulibon is wrestling for 3rd

149 Frey is wrestling for 7th

157 Vollrath is wrestling for 1st

165 DT is wrestling for 1st

174 Brown is wrestling for 1st

184 Ruth is wrestling for 1st

285 Lawson is wrestling for 7th

The Seniors are OK too. English is wrestling for 3rd at 149, Q is wrestling for 1st at 197 and Pearsall is wrestling for 7th at 141.

The Seniors are OK too. English is wrestling for 3rd at 149, Q is wrestling for 1st at 197 and Pearsall is wrestling for 7th at 141.

Edit: Brown is wrestling for 3rd

Edit: Brown is wrestling for 3rd

Thanks. I had it correct in my notes...too much liberal use of cut and paste. :oops:

I still can't believe Brown got pinned. I was watching Ruth when it happened. Had Flow up on one screen and trackwrestling up on another. I saw that match suddenly disappear from trackwrestling and was like, oh crap someone had a pinfa11.