Sign in to follow this  
Journeymen

Journeymen / ASICS Northeast Duals - Wrestling's Dual Meet Kick Off!

No longer is there a challenge of getting to the Journeymen / ASICS Northeast Duals over the holiday break. We moved the duals up to 11/15/15 weekend.  It's officially being billed as collegiate wrestling's dual meet kick off!    It appears to be the best move we've made. 20 big time college teams, 28 all star high school hammers, 12 elite youth squads and World Champion Kyle Snyder featured at our clinic . If you were ever thinking of seeing wrestling greatness in NY, this would qualify! 

http://www.journeymenwrestling.com/training-programs/journeymen--asics-northeast-duals-2015/1

I think Rutgers will go 3-0...They have come a long way fast... They didn't lose a dual outside the B1G last year (12-0) and not many people would have had them beating Oklahoma, North Carolina and Northern Iowa in the same day!

Could the joke of college wrestling not too long ago beat the mighty Sooners 2 years in a row?

Great time to be a Rutgers fan!

Edited by NJwrestlingguy

I think Rutgers will go 3-0...They have come a long way fast... They didn't lose a dual outside the B1G last year (12-0) and not many people would have had them beating Oklahoma, North Carolina and Northern Iowa in the same day!

125- Peters possible pin - we all know his cowcatcher is deadly even when you know its coming

133- Alber (majored AG 10-1 last year)

141- Ashnault

149- Dippery though neither guys are outstanding

157- could be a close match, I am familiar with both wrestlers

165- Perroitti - without Moore this could be a bonus for Rut

174- Bakucacus (this was only a 3-2 win for PB last year over UNI's guy)

184- Caldwell ( I admit to possibly being way off on this one)

197- Hrymack

285-Cabell Though Smith will make it a good match

This could be a very good dual. If Peters and Alber start off like they have the potential to, they could spot UNI with a 3 point bonus lead, which could be the back breaker. It's not even that far out there given Peters is a pinning machiene and Alber has majored Giardo before. If UNI had Cooper Moore I feel much more comfortable, but they would be no sure thing if they did have him healthy.

Just some food for thought

Edited by hawktalk3

"I think Rutgers will go 3-0...They have come a long way fast... They didn't lose a dual outside the B1G last year (12-0) and not many people would have had them beating Oklahoma, North Carolina and Northern Iowa in the same day!

Could the joke of college wrestling not too long ago beat the mighty Sooners 2 years in a row?

Great time to be a Rutgers fan!"

No offense but... Rutgers was 2-7 in conference last year with wins over Maryland and Northwestern.  They finished 11th out of 14 at B10s and were over 50 points behind the NINTH place team.  Its great that they finally got an AA, but they are a LONG way from being competitive in the B10.

I'm not a Rutgers basher and I think that some of the things they have done in terms of coverage and attendance are really great from the sport, but they simply are not even close to competitive with the top teams right now.  If they beat Oklahoma again that says more about the state of the Oklahoma program than it does about Rutgers

Edited by LoStNuMbEr

Surprising result?

U OF NORTH CAROLINA 20, MINNESOTA 17 

SCORE/TIME  UNC MN CUM. 

125 Klump (UNC) DEC Petry (MN)   7-5  3   0  3-0 

133 Brancale (MN) MAJ Headlee (UNC)   11-3  0   4  3-4 

141 Henderson (UNC) DEC Thorn (MN)   5-2  3   0  6-4 

149 Barber (UNC) DEC Patton (MN)   5-1  3   0  9-4 

157 Kingsley (MN) MAJ Henderson (UNC)   12-2  0   4  9-8 

165 Ramos (UNC) TF Urbach (MN)   5:59  5   0  14-8 

174 Michael (UNC) DEC Wanzek (MN)   6-3  3   0  17-8 

184 Utley (UNC) DEC Pfarr (MN)   6-3  3   0  20-8 

197 Pfarr (MN) DEC Ness (UNC)   11-5  0   3  20-11 

285 Kroells (MN) WBF Daniel (UNC)   4:56  0   6  20-17 

Edited by KingK0ng

Surprising result?

U OF NORTH CAROLINA 20, MINNESOTA 17 

SCORE/TIME  UNC MN CUM. 

125 Klump (UNC) DEC Petry (MN)   7-5  3   0  3-0 

133 Brancale (MN) MAJ Headlee (UNC)   11-3  0   4  3-4 

141 Henderson (UNC) DEC Thorn (MN)   5-2  3   0  6-4 

149 Barber (UNC) DEC Patton (MN)   5-1  3   0  9-4 

157 Kingsley (MN) MAJ Henderson (UNC)   12-2  0   4  9-8 

165 Ramos (UNC) TF Urbach (MN)   5:59  5   0  14-8 

174 Michael (UNC) DEC Wanzek (MN)   6-3  3   0  17-8 

184 Utley (UNC) DEC Pfarr (MN)   6-3  3   0  20-8 

197 Pfarr (MN) DEC Ness (UNC)   11-5  0   3  20-11 

285 Kroells (MN) WBF Daniel (UNC)   4:56  0   6  20-17 

Which result is surprising? Of the matches won by UNC over Minnesota not one is a shocking result. 

I think the state of the Oklahome program is looking very good right now...

"I think Rutgers will go 3-0...They have come a long way fast... They didn't lose a dual outside the B1G last year (12-0) and not many people would have had them beating Oklahoma, North Carolina and Northern Iowa in the same day!

Great time to be a Rutgers fan!"

No offense but... Rutgers was 2-7 in conference last year with wins over Maryland and Northwestern.  They finished 11th out of 14 at B10s and were over 50 points behind the NINTH place team.  Its great that they finally got an AA, but they are a LONG way from being competitive in the B10.

I'm not a Rutgers basher and I think that some of the things they have done in terms of coverage and attendance are really great from the sport, but they simply are not even close to competitive with the top teams right now.  If they beat Oklahoma again that says more about the state of the Oklahoma program than it does about Rutgers